Capsular Contracture at 3 Weeks Post-Op - PS Recommends I Lift Weights

I'M ONLY 4 WKS POSTOP w/CC. If possible, I would rate this CC a 6-7 on the Baker Scale. Extremely painful, but always figured from being placed under the muscle, also had a lift.

For the past 4 wks I've told my PS the right was diff-very swollen/more painful. As always he says "give it time, it'll be fine. Now he wants me to start lifting weights...adding more pain! He's not really concerned with massaging. Another concern, lymph nodes in armpits are nearly 1" big. Can this be related to CC?

Do I need further surgery?

Capsule Contracture?

Yes, you appear to have a capsule contracture and likely will need a second surgery to lower the right and release.  This can happen at 4 weeks but with the pain and nodes etc you need to get back to your doctor and share your concern.  If your doctor is not responsive get a second opinion from an ABPS-FACS surgeon.  If you go for a second opinion get full records from your doctor including pictures,  notes, and op notes.   Lifting weight is unlikely to do much but I suppose it could help?   Sometime the Veronique Breast Band for a month helps but not always.  It is worth a try.  Did you take Singulair.  There is evidence in the UCLA study that this definitely helps prevent and soften  capsules. Singulair, 10 mg daily for 14 weeks.  Do it.   Take 400 iu of vit E daily.  Use the breast band with soft added padding on the right to help push the right down.  This I have seen work over my 30 years of practice.  Like nudging a huge boat off the shore.  Scar tissue expands with gentle pressure.  Do not do any surgery for 4 months.  The above will give you things to do that may help in the meantime.   Good luck.  Dr G Commons