Is This Capsular Contracture? Sharp Pains, Firmness & High Implant

I had 400 cc silicone implants & had tubular breasts & my right breast needed more releasing then the left. I'm 2 months out & the right is higher & firmer then the left. He instructed me to push the implants in and up. But it looks like the right hasn't dropped. Today I've had some bad sharp pains.Worse then normal. Is this normal? Should I be wearing a strap or massaging down? Can this be capsular contracture? I posted a few days about the placement but now I'm more worried about cc!

Breast Augmentation

+1

There are several reasons for an implant not dropping as anticipated.  You could be using your arms too much and need to decrease your activity so the swelling will subside and the muscle can finish healing and the implant descend.  The pocket could be too high, but if you went to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, this is more unlikely.  You need a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, who hopefully is your current surgeon now.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Capsular contracture?

+1

At two months it may or may not represent a capsular contracture, or it may represent that you need more time for things to soften up.  This is when it is important to follow with your doctor. You may need future surgery to open the pocket more on the tighter side given that you had tuberous breasts.

+1

Very hard to advise without even posting photos. Best to obtain a second opinion in person. Yes you will need further surgery to attain a more symmetrical effect. 

Firm and high breast implant

+1

An implant that is firm and high two months after breast augmentation may be more about pocket placement, and distensibility of the skin envelope than capsule contracture. The 400 cc implants, especially in light of the asymmetry and limitations of the tighter fold, are a bit ambitious. Massage may be helpful, though after two months you may have to wait out six months to fully heal and consider revision if the right implant remains firm and high.

peterejohnsonmd

Capsular Contracture

+1

Without pre and post op pictures or seeing you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  However, if the breast is getting harder or you are starting to have new pains then you should have an evaluation by your plastic surgeon.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

High breast implant after two months will probably need revision.

+1

Hi.

For another three months, I would not do anything and remain optimistic, because anything can happen.  The likelihood is, however, that your right breast implant will have to be repositioned downward.  In a sense, it does not matter if you have a capsular contracture or not, if you are going to need a revision anyway.

Straps and massage do not help.  Just wait a while.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Talk to your surgeon

+1

None of us know what you have and what is going on. Speak to your doctor and see him. Implants settle over 3 months so you are still healing, also pains can be intermittent and common. Pay the doctor you paid a visit to reassure yourself

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Capsular contracture?

+1

It is possible from your description that you have an early capsular contracture.  Rather than asking this on line, the best thing to do is to have your surgeon check you and answer it in person.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS