Capsular Contracture Due to Trauma? (photo)

I'm 9 month post surgery, it went ok, i was happy with result.3 month ago my husband pushed too much on inner side of my breast.My doctor examined me and told that implant had dropped for 7mm, but it is nothing to worry. I had some hardness in my breast for cca 6 weeks after that, now hardness appears 10-12 days before i get period. I think i can feel ripping of my implant a bit more than the other when i lie, but it is soft and not painful. May i have Capsular Contracture due to trauma? thnx

Capsular Contracture

+1

Based on the photo provided I do not visualize what I consider a capsular contracture.  I good physical exam would aid in the diagnosis. Revisit with your PS for a definitive diagnosis and/or obtain a second opinion.

Dr. ES

Capsular contracture?

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to say if you have a CC or not.  Some asymmetry of the folds is possible.

Capsule contracture usually presents with persistent symptoms

+1
Hello, It's hard to know for certain what is occurring with your breast but it does not sound like a capsule contracture. A capsule contracture tends to have consistent symptoms as opposed symptoms that change back and forth. If you are concerned about capsule contracture you may want to talk to your plastic surgeon about starting you on one of the medications that are sometimes used in these situations such as the leukotriene inhibitors. There is not a good consensus about how much they improve the formation of capsule contracture but it may be worth the investment. All the best, Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Capsular Contracture Not Likely Due To Trauma

+1

It is very unlikely that your capsular contracture is due to trauma.  Although it requires an exam to be certain, you appear to have capsular contractures bilaterally from your photo.

John Whitt, MD

It is unlikely that minor trauma has anything to do with capsular contracture of breast implants.

+1

Trauma brutal enough to create a hematoma can increase the risk for capsular contracture, but minor trauma probably plays no role in the formation of capsular contracture.

Capsular Contracture Due to Trauma?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Your plastic surgeon is in the best position to advise you after direct examination. However, your description of your breasts being “soft and not painful” is not consistent with encapsulation. Also, your history of the hardness happening at  specific time of the month is also not necessarily consistent with encapsulation. In my opinion, your description is most consistent with mild/moderate breast implant displacement.

I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon for the most precise advice.

Capsular Contracture Due to Trauma?

+1

From your statement and posted photo over the internet impossible to diagnose capsular contracture. Seek IN PERSON second opinions.