Capsular contracture? Should I continue to wear bandeau 2 months after surgery? (photo)

(PS ordered at least 6 more weeks) Dear doctors, 2 months after surgery and I fear that I may have CC in R breast. One breast is significantly higher than the other, as well as being much harder. It seems that the implant has moved upwards (post surgery double bubble now gone). Laying on my stomach feels like laying on a tennis ball. My PS won't to see me i person, but has viewed pictures of my progress. He tells me to continue wearing bandeau + push up bra (to support the other breast that has dropped too low). What can I do?

Capsular contracture?

+2

First of all, if your doctor won't see you, then find another doctor...even if you need to pay for a visit elsewhere. Period, end of that discussion.

It's a bit difficult to tell you exactly what's going on from your photos. Your right implant looks like it's now in a higher position- unlikely that at the two month point this is from a contracted capsule. The higher position looks like it was present early on and the 'double bubble' you had early post-op looks like it might have been a small hematoma. Regardless, at this point, you should be seen by someone you trust. Your issues should be pretty clear in person.

Postoperative implant position.

+1
It is unclear whether or not your issue due to a contracture or implant malpositioning.   I recommend that you follow up with a board certified plastic surgeon to make an appointment for a second opinion if your primary surgeon is unable to see you.

Christopher Khorsandi, MD

+1

Yes, something is wrong and you need immediate in person visits with your surgeon... Otherwise seek another boarded PSs in your city. But sorry you will need a revision...

BBA

+1

You have several issues going on. I would be surprised if you didn't need a revision at some point. You need to see your PS. Why haven't you? You need to see them in person. If they won't see you, then find another Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

You will benefit from revision breast augmentation

+1

Dear CCrina88,

Your plastic surgeon should see you. If he/she does not want to or cannot you should consult with another plastic surgeon in your community. From the photos alone it appears that you may have several issues occurring. These may include pocket asymmetry, volume asymmetry, and perhaps some sort of seroma/capsule contracture. The good news is that I believe you can achieve significant improvement with a breast revision.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD