Can Capsular Contracture Cause Me to Feel Physically Ill?

I have capsular contracture on the left, Baker Grade IV. Aside from the constant pain and discomfort, plus swelling and hardened mis-shapen breast, I have been feeling constantly unwell since this began to occur in May. I feel like my body is constantly fighting an infection, to the point I have been prescribed anti-biotics by my gp, which has slightly alleviated my symptoms, my body aches, I get fevers, or chills and headaches, all of which is having an impact on my daily quality of life.

Capsular Contracture Grade IV and Feeling Unwell

+1

In grade IV capsular contracture, the removal of the capsule along with removal and possibly replacement usually does make patients feel much better.  However, I would not expect these fever, chills, and headaches to necessarily resolve.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast implants Los Angeles, CA

Capsule Contracture

+1

Grade IV capsule contractures a much less common than in the past. Causes for these contractures are not completely understood but one theory is that there could be a chronic sub-clinical infection. I would not completely discount the possibility that you might feel physically after having surgery to remove the capsule and implant. There's certainly a lot to it so you should see a good Plastic surgeon near you.Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD