Could I Have Capsular Contraction?

Submuscular, upper pole ba 10 weeks ago of 550cc. I first had terrible pain in arm after possible problems with I.V. placement. My arm was swollen and had shooting pain from wrist (where I.V. was) to elbo. I would caudle my arm to prevent pain. This caused horrible neck, shoulder and back pain. At 5 weeks arm mainly just felt bruised. still having the n, b, &s pain and feel asthough someone is squeezing my implants when I stretch in morn. PS said implants could take up to yr to fully drop.

Treating and identifying early capsular contracture

+1

Capsular contracture can take on many forms and the best advice I give to my patients is to come in for a consultation and examination so we can catch any early capsular contracture before it matures. Good luck. 

Pain in the shoulder/neck following breast augmentation.

+1

From the description of you IV issues and the "splinting" you did with your arm, it would not be surprising if you had a stiff shoulder contributing to your complaints. Also, a 550cc implant in the submuscular space can also cause shoulder pain and stiffness. For my patients, I would advise on physical therapy to improve shoulder range of motion as this helps to prevent a "frozen shoulder" and usually improves the pain. As for capsular contracture, this could also cause pain, but is typically limited to the chest and gives a very tight feel to the implant. Your plastic surgeon should be able to discern capsular contracture via a physical examination. Close follow up is advised.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Pain post aug

+1

I think you had soem extra swelling from the IV problems and this could cause soem extra swelling in your breast.I would gently massage your breast daily and give it a little more time to see if it softens up.Time is improtant now.

Web reference: http://beautybybrueck.com

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Capsular contacture?

+1

Not likely contracture at this point.  You should absolutely address your concerns to your surgeon as often as you feel you need.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

IV problems should not cause capsular contracture

+1

Sorry about the IV and arm swelling, however there should not be any relationship to capsular contracture.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Hello

+1
It would be way too early to determine whether you have capsular contraction. You should go have yourself examined.