Is It Capsular Contraction 3 Weeks Post Op?

I did chin implant through mouth 3 weeks ago. However it's little bit asymmetric (it's oblique to the left side). My doctor tried to correct it twice after the first week of surgery but it didn't help much. There's a small point at the end of the implant under the right chin "stuck" to skin and I was asked to do massage around it. I don't know whether that's symptom of capsular contraction and how to solve this problem. I'm so worried about this, please kindly consult me. Thanks!

Chin Implant

+1

Capsular contracture is not seen with chin implants.  If it is asymmetrical, it may need a revision at a later stage.  I have found taping of some value in these cases.  Best of luck.

Chin implant should look symmetrical.

+1

Hi.

It does not sound good.  Capsular contracture is not an issue with chin implants because they are rigid.  It sounds like it is not in the right place.  But a revision in a few months should correct the problem.  I would not manipulate the implant.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)