Capsular Contraction 6 Weeks Post Op? (photo)

i don't know whats going on with my left breast. its been hurting more than my right since day 1. i had muscle spasms and it always has been quite uncomfortable while i don't even feel my right implant... will i need a revision and if so is it complicated surgery? thank you!

Capsular Contraction 6 Weeks Post Op?

+1

Obviously you need to consult with your surgeon, as there could be one of several things going on and I would hate to even venture a guess without seeing you.  I prefer to err on the side of caution, and would insist on seeing you immediately. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Either incomplete muscle release or capsule contracture

+1

Thank you for the photos.  Without examination or seeing you as you have healed its hard to say with certainty but either your pectoralis muscle on the left breast has been released too little or your have developed an early capsule contracture.  Since it is early I would continue to massage aggressively and also consider medications such as Singulair.  This may or may not make any improvements since both an insufficiently released muscle or a capsule contracture  usually require surgery for complete correction.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://aaaplasticsurgery.com

Breast asymmetry

+1

Agree with the previous posts but would also add that if your implants are submuscular, the right breast appearance may be due to incomplete release of the right pectorals major muscle insertions on the breastbone.  This would require revisional surgery as would capsule contracture...either way, an exam would help answer this question.

Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Implant Malposition or capsular contracture

+1
A physical exam would be necessary to determine what is going on. The right breast is much higher than the left. It could still drop or, if the pocket wasn't properly dissected, revisional surgery would be necessary.

Is it a capsular contracture or a malpositioned implant

+1

Thank you for your question and photograph. It is hard to tell from just a picture and not have an actual examination, but it is possible that your implant is just sitting too high and you may not actually have a capsular contracture. Treating a contracture is generally a more complicated procedure than lowering an implant. I typically do the latter under local anesthesia in my office as a pretty minor procedure. If the one implant has always been higher than the other, it is more likely just a malpositioned implant. Good luck.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Capsular Contraction 6 Weeks Post Op??

+1

Thanks for your question and for attaching the photos. 

Without an actual exam and without knowing if this has been the position of the right implant since day 1, I would sooner think that this is an implant that has not yet dropped, and that massage and wearing an elastic band will help that occur.

If on the other hand these looked normal at let's say two weeks, and the implant position has changed and the implant has gotten firmer, a capsular contracture would seem more likely. A visit to your surgeon should make it easy to discern between the two and to establish a treatment plan. 

If you do wind up needing a revisional operation, it is not at all complicated, less so than the primary procedure.