Botox stopped working 2 weeks after injection. (photo)

Two months ago I had a Botox injection between my eyebrows for vertical wrinkles and it worked well. Three weeks ago I had Botox (different office) to reduce wrinkling above my eyebrows. In the past, such injections worked well. However, two weeks later there were no effects. My aesthetician repeated the procedure but it did not work again. How likely is Botox resistance in my case where there are still effects of 2-month old Botox in the middle of my forehead?

Botox Stopped Working After 2 Weeks

+2
Hi Jane. Thanks for your question. If Botox worked well for you in the past then it is unlikely that you have all of a sudden developed Botox resistance. There are a few possibilities here: 1. You did not get enough Botox with your new injector 2. The Botox was over diluted and therefore not as potent as it should be. 3. You did not receive authentic Botox. This is why it is so important that if you are happy with the results an injector provides you with that you stay with that injector. There are a lot of unethical practices going on out there with Botox, Fillers and other cosmetic treatments. The best thing to do is to go see physician injector who has extensive experience with Botox injections and can evaluate your problem further. Good luck!

Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Aesthetician injecting Botox?

+2
I recommend that you see an MD for your Botox.  Legally an aesthetician is not allowed to purchase Botox nor inject it in the state of Florida. I would also trace the origin of whatever was used and report it to Allergan. I think the problem you are encountering is shady Botox

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox stop working after 2 weeks

+1
The length of duration for ANY injectable will be variable.Your body's metabolism is different from othe rpeoples and so the resulkts will vary.I suspec   that enough botox was not injected so go back to your doictor and have soem more units injected.t

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Botox

+1
Did they use Botox, or an alternative?  How diluted was it?  Did they inject enough?  If the other place did it well, why not go back?

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Botox stopped working 2 weeks after injection.

+1
Issues I see. Non MD injector, old Botox, too diluted Botox, not enough injected... Best to seek IN PERSON doctor injector....

Botox stopped working after 2 weeks

+1
In my experience, if someone develops a resistance to Botox, it is an all or none reaction.  So, either there is some effect or there is absolutely no effect and nothing in between.  Since you are still having a positive effect from your treatment two months ago, I would say that it is very unlikely that you have developed a resistance to the treatment you had two weeks ago.  The reason for your poor result from the most recent treatment could be dose or placement related or due to some other technique related issue.  Different states do have different laws to regulate who may inject products, such as Botox, so you may want to check with the Florida laws to see if aestheticians are allowed to inject there or not.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reasons Why Botox Wears Off Early

+1
There are a few reasons that Botox would wear off at two weeks:

1. Improper under dosage of product.
2. Over dilution of Botox.
3. Injection of expired Botox.
4.  Botox has to remain in a chilled environment. If the Botox became hot it would result in the product being less effective.

While patients may develop resistance to Botox after repeated injections this would be unlikely in your case. Even with patients who are resistant to Botox the results would last for more than two weeks.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botos does not work?

+1
My first thought is go back to the original office where things worked.  My second thought is that I hope your aesthetician is also and RN because only MDs and RNs can legally administer Botox.   Even RNs must work under an MDs license to administer Botox.   Aestheticians cannot give Botox unless they are RNs. Go back to the office where things worked.  Always get a report on the number of units used where ever you go.  It is really rare to have BOTOX RESISTANCE.    RARE!     My Very Best, Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon