Can this still be just swelling or am I developing symmastia?

i'm 5'10", 135lbs, wide frame. i recently switched implants from 500cc hp silicone to 800cc mod+ saline implants filled to 800cc left and 960cc right, in the hopes of a more balanced/big look. at first i was just a bit worried, but recently i'm VERY worried.

Symmastia?

+2

Based on your 4 week post op photo it does not look like you have symmastia, its likely just swelling. However, pushing the implants towards the middle will help in diagnosing symmastia if it exists. Thus, to truly tell that you don't have symmastia you need to be examined by your plastic surgeon. Hope this helps.

Synmastia?

+2

In the photos shown, it does not look like you have synmastia. It just appears that your breast are close together. Your right breast does seem larger now. It may even out if it is due to swelling, but may require adjusting the implant volume.

Donald Griffin, MD

Breast Implants

+2

It looks like swelling, if you go see your PS you could get a special bandage that some people use on the sternum in cases like this to prevent the swelling from going accross the midline

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Symmastia

+1

Although these photos do not demonstrate symmastia I recall seeing another photo of you on this forum which does demonstrate symmastia.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

BBA

+1

It could be swelling but since you are worried and the implants are VERY close together in the center, you should see your PS for an in-person examination.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

+1

NO! This is the width of the larger implant causing an optical illusion of symmastia. Best to understand the risks by using larger implants...

Implants too large

+1

Your implants are too large and too wide for your frame that is why you are seeing such a close cleavage that does not look natural.

Synmastia repair in Los Angeles

+1

I treat synmastia and it is hard to determine with static photos whether there is truly synmastia. I prefer a dynamic synmastia examination.

Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS