Am I a good candidate for chin liposuction? Age 24 (photos)

I have always had a big / fat head. It runs in my genes. I work out 5-6 days a week, two of those with a personal trainer and I eat right but I carry most of my "fat" in my face and chin area. Basically, I just have a genetically fat face. Anyway, my double chin has always bothered me an insane amount. I know I have a jawline in there so I'm wondering if I would be a good candidate for chin liposuction? I'm 24 years old and my skin is quite tight still. I have attached photos of my problem area.

Good candidate for laser liposuction of the chin and neck

+1
Based on your photographs and your history I do see what appears to be a submental fat accumulation beneath your chin.

Since you are young and have good skin tone it is likely that laser-assisted liposuction of the submental (beneath the chin) laser-assisted liposuction will remove much of the fat and improve your double chin.

Please consult an expert who has experience with laser liposuction and an excellent reputation in your community.

Candidate for submental Smartlipo

+1
Thank you for posting a picture, it looks as if submental Smartlipo will help with giving your jawline a more contoured look. Consult with your surgeon in order to find out if this procedure is best for you. Good luck!

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Liposuction of the chin

+1
I would say you are a good candidate for liposuction of the chin and preferably laser-assisted liposuction.  I have used both SMartLipo and SlimLipo and I currently use the latter in my office.  I like the results that I get a bit better than SmartLipo though SmartLipo is a good and sounds technology.  What you need to focus on is the experience of the surgeon you're consulting with.

Anatomically I would say you're a good candidate and being young with toned skin is an advantage for you.  Some people may say traditional liposuction will work just fine and your case and I would generally agree but I think there are advantages to having the laser assisting component to tighten the skin a bit more.

I'll attach a little information I hope you find useful

Chase Lay, MD
Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin and upper neck lipo in younger patients is very effective.

+1
Your photos suggest that you are an excellent candidate for liposuction of this area. A consultation would confirm this and rule out conditions requiring a different approach. Healthy, average weight and younger patients with localized and stubborn fat issues are the best liposuction candidates. 

Dr. Mosher

Mathew C. Mosher, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Chin liposuction DC area

+1
You are an excellent candidate for chin liposuction, I would recommend finding a plastic surgeon that uses laser liposuction as this will assist in the skin tightening.

Do your research on the specific surgeon and his experience with liposuction. More important than laser lipo or traditional lipo is the experience in lipo of the performing surgeon. Laser liposuction is not dramatically different than traditional lipo, it is just preceded by laser skin tightening. In my practice, I perform laser liposuction mainly, however many excellent plastic surgeons perfrom traditional lipo.

Marwan R. Khalifeh, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

Neck liposuction

+1
  1. You should have a very nice result from liposuction of your neck and jaw.
  2. Have your thyroid checked first - in young women, low thyroid can cause this heaviness. Treatment is thyroid supplements - and waiting 6 months before surgery because the fullness may go away with treatment. .

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Candidate for chin lipo

+1
Hello and thank you for your question.
You appear to be a candidate for submental liposuction. I perform hundreds of these procedures in my fully accredited facility. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of luck to you!

David Cangello, MD

Chin Liposuction candidate?

+1
Based upon your age and photos, liposuction may indeed be the solution to help better define your chin and jawline.  Additionally, a small chin implant to slightly lengthen the chin/jawline may be of added benefit but can only be confirmed after physical exam +/- x-rays. Glad to help.

Ryan Stanton, MD

Candidate for liposuction under chin?

+1
At your age of 24, my recommendation would be to just have the liposuction done under the chin.  You are a good candidate for this procedure and I think you would have a good result.  I do not believe that any other procedures are needed at this time.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

SmartLipo of the neck

+1
Thank you for your question and posting appropriate pictures.  You are very good candidate for SmartLipo laser liposuction of the neck region.  This is typically done under local anesthesia with minimal downtime.  This will likely provide you a great long-lasting result.  Please look for a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in this area

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS