Canthopexy and Fat Grafting for Droopy Eyelids?

Hello, I am very dissatisfied with my eyes. I am wondering if a Canthopexy and Fat Grafting is too much to do or if I qualify for it?

I'm 20  years old. My current eyes tend to look overly round and droop downwards more so in pictures as well as having "huge lids" which I feel gives my face a goofy look rather than attractive. I feel like slanting my eye will support my drooping lower part and elongate the eye taking the roundness away and I feel the Fat grafting will give a nice hood making the eye look more dramatic.

Is Canthopexy and Fat Grafting the answer for droopy eyelids?

+1

Although the picture shown is out of focus, I can make a few comments.

1- The upper eyelid may have what we call ptosis, or drooping, because it seems like it covers too much of the brown part (the iris) of your eye. I don't know that fat grafting would fix it. You should be evaluated in person. You should consider an eyelid ptosis repair. It will open up your eye, and shorten the apparent length of the upper eyelid.

2- On most people the lower lid just touches the lower border of the iris. If the white part of the eye shows, you have scleral show. That can be off putting to some people.

A wider view of your face would give a better idea as to whether you would benefit from a canthopexy. Frankly, at your age, I don't think the lateral canthus is the problem. As seen in the picture, it is already higher than the medial canthus. Thightening it more might give you too much a cat like look.

If your cheekbone right below the lower eyelid is shallow, that tends to decrease support for the lower eyelid. In these cases it is worth considering fat grafting.