Cantaloupe Style Swelling After TT?

I am approximately 11 days post op and almost from day 1 I've had crazy swelling. My sides just above my natural waist line look like I have cantaloupes growing out of the sides. My doctor said it was normal swelling but none of the pictures I've seen display swelling this way. My doc does not do compression garments. I look literally deformed! I'm embarrassed to leave my home! My tummy in front is flat with cabtaloupes for sides. Please help!

Cantaloupe Style Swelling After TT?

+1

As it is said, a picture is worth a thousand words. I would need a look at a photo to make any sort of useful comment, other that to suggest that you see your surgeon to be certain that a large fluid collection isn't the culpret. 

All the best. 

Crazy Swelling after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Difficult to give you meaningful advice and/or reassurance without photos. Given your level of concern, it may be best for you to communicate these  concerns with your plastic surgeon again. I'm sure that he/she will understand the reason behind your request for sooner than scheduled follow-up, if only to give you peace of mind. He/she is also in the best position to rule out complications such as fluid accumulation (seroma) that may be because of the “crazy swelling”.

Best wishes; hopefully you will be pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Side swelling after TT should decrease

+1

Thanks for your question. Often times there is posterior fullness in the hips that is addressed with liposuction at the time of the TT. The area you are describing can also be a result of skin excess.Without a pre/post op pic it is hard to comment. Hang in there though, you will be surprised how much the swelling can diminish.