I cannot close my teeth due to a very lagre gap - will Botox in my jaw muscles help this?

Botox and teeth

+1

Botox only works to affect muscles in which it is injected into. Injecting Botox into your jawline would help slim to jawline itself but will not have any affect on the teeth alignment.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Botox for Gap in Teeth

+1
Hi SF.  Botox will not shape change the jaw bone structure.  It can reduce the size of the masseter (jaw) muscle, which in turn can soften the appearance of the jaw, but the product cannot change the alignment of your teeth or the shape of the bones in the jaw.  

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/botoxInjectionsBeforeAfterPicturesPhotos.aspx

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.