Cannula Lines, Hard Spots, and Discoloration Post-Smart Lipo

I had Smart Lipo done in October on my upper arms and chin. I now have cannula lines under my chin, so I have traded one problem for another, and now I'm going to have to try to find a procedure to remove them. My doctor did not mention that this would be a side effect.

Now, my arms are another problem. I am having these hard spots that the doctor states some patients get, so he is injecting them with a steroid and it is helping. I also have discoloration and wrinkling due to this and was wondering if it will ever go away. My doctor did not see me until 5 weeks after the surgery and I think he knows that was a mistake so is seeing me for free for the shots. He also gave me Botox in the neck to remove the cannula lines and that didn't work.What should I expect at this point?

Complications after Smartlipo

+1

Once again, please, please, please have your surgery done by a highly trained, board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in liposuction.  Steroids and Botox are not a treatment for what you describe.  Without pictures, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  However, I would suspect that you may need either fat grafting or even need a neck lift to smooth out the skin.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Sounds like something is wrong here: see another MD

+1

SmartLipo is just a procedure and it takes skill to do it right along with the liposuctioning part of it. If it isn't done right, you can have serious consequences. While I can't say if your procedure was done correctly or incorrectly, these side effects sound quite unusual and probably merit a second opinion rather than going back to the same physician.

I can say that in 12 years of performing liposuction and a year of SmartLipo I haven't ever had a situation that sounds like this. On the other hand, I am very cautious about choosing which patients I will do liposuction on the chin and arms for as these areas aren't always the best for this type of procedure and if you do work on these areas in the wrong person this is exactly what can happen.

Do yourself a favor and seek a second opinion from a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Omaha Dermatologist