Can Cannula Entry Through Jowls for Fat Transfer Make Jowling Worse (Internal Scarring)?

I have had this done several times now and I am concerned that it might be making my jowls worse and tougher to treat (ie with lipo). Thanks.

Fat Transfer Cannula entry through Jowls can damage Nerves and create scarring and loose skin

+1

I would seek consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a second opinion.

The Marginal Mandibular Nerve runs very close to the skin in the jowl area and can be damaged by Cannula insertion there during Fat Transfer.

If you have Jowls, caused by loose skin then usually a Lower Facelift and Neck Lift is more effective at correcting the Jowl.

Rrepeated Cannula insertion in this area can cause scar contraction and possibly worsening of the Jowl. The risk of Nerve Injury is significant and increased after multiple surgeries.

Fat Transfer

+1

Yes, there will be some internal scarring, and this may be a factor.  See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and be evaluated for other alternatives. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Lowles

+1

Liposuction several times to the jowles?

It may make the skin droop more, thus wose jowles