Would I Be a Candidate for Veneers or Porcelain Crowns?

I've decided I want to change my smile, however, I don't want to wear braces at my age. I've looked into invisalign also but don't like the end result (the teeth will look straight but they will be different lengths at the gum). I was wondering if I would be a candidate for porcelain veneers or crowns. I would want them at least on the top 6-8 and same for the bottoms.

Restoring extremely crowded teeth do have a limitation.

+2

From looking at your photos it seems like your upper teeth are too crowded to allow ideal porcelain veneers.  I would strongly advise you to reconsider the option of orthodontics.  If you are willing to do Invisalign and don't think you will be able to get the ideal result then you can always do veneers after.  If you are completely set against orthodontic treatment than the only other likely options would be to extract the crowded teeth and replace them with an implants.  Another option which is less favourable following extractions would be a bridge but this would mean cutting down the adjacent teeth to support the bridge. 

Toronto Cosmetic Dentist

If teeth are too crooked, veneers or crowns are not an option

+2

From the photos, it looks as if the lower arch would be fine for crowns or veneers, but the upper teeth do not.  While invisalign has its limitations, I think your concerns aren't correct.  Invisalign, and any braces method, can be sure that the gums are even when treatment is complete, and if they end up slightly off, a simple laser procedure can fix it up.

Your case would either be orthodontics, orthodontics and veneers, or extract the upper crooked teeth and place implants or bridges.  I would NOT recommend the last option, but it WOULD achieve your goal.

I would suggest seeing a cosmetic dentist that offers Invisalign and they can show you what can be done.  Ger Alfe is in the Chicago area and is fantastic.  chicagosmilespa.com/

Web reference: http://www.bestseattledentist.com/

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Straightening Teeth With Veneers or Braces?

+1

Your particular case is difficult due to the extensive crowding of your upper four incisors.  The best option for you would be to wear braces for 12-18 months to straighten the teeth and improve your "bite", then place veneers if you are still unhappy with the shape of your teeth.  Invisalign would be a great alternative to braces if you would be compliant in wearing the trays.  If you are convinced that you will not do orthodontics, then you could have porcelain veneers.  You need to be aware that a couple of your teeth would have to be prepared aggressively to the point of potentially having root canals.  This case would need to be done by a well trained cosmetic dentist.  Good luck.  

Houston Cosmetic Dentist

It can be done with veneers!

+1

The ideal way to approach this is with orthodontics and porcelain veneers.  Without orthodontics preparing the teeth would require root canal therapy on possibly 2 teeth.  I know that there are many holier than thou dentists that would want to charge me with heresy for even  suggesting it but it can be done if you are totally opposed to orthodontics prior to veneers.

Fairfield Cosmetic Dentist

Straightening Teeth with Cosmetic Dentistry

+1

I would hope you would choose to do braces since you have major crowing and would have such a FANTASTIC result if you would realign your teeth. I would even do Invisalign and re-acess the results after to evaluate the gum.

You can find a 'Cosmetic Dentist' and ask them to do a wax up with their lab and see what bonding would look like.  Bonding is attaching tooth colored plastic to your teeth to reshape them and realign them.  It is not ideal but a compromise that might work. 

DO NOT extract your perfectly fine teeth.  Whiten them and see how they look as well.

If your teeth are healthy, try to do the right thing and be patient.  Get another consult!

Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist