Would I Be a Candidate for Non Surgical Rhinoplasty?

I am interested in having a procedure done to my nose, however, I do not want a surgical rhinoplasty procedure. I was looking to have one of the non invasive procedures done to make my nose straighter and slightly raised at the tip. I have an appointment at Demicare Medical on Friday to find out more but wanted some more feedback of what type of non invasive procedures I should have done to enhance my appearance (without surgery) and specialists in Manhattan. Thank you in advance :)

Non surgical rhinoplasty possibilities for dorsal hump and underprojecting tip

+2

You are actually a reasonable candidate for a nonsurgical rhinoplasty3, you just have to be careful with who you select to perform the procedure.  As a plastic reconstructive and craniofacial surgeon, I understand that nose morphology is profoundly effected by skeletal dimensions.  Part of your concern with your nose is relatively low midface projection.  What this means is that the midle portion of your face where your nose sits is a few millimeters behind where it should be for optimal aesthetics.  If I were to perform your rhinoplasty, there would be very little reduction of the hump.  I would rather focus on enhancing support to the lower part of your nose.  By enhancing the skeletal base of the nose and adding strength to the columella(the bridge of skin between your nostrils) you would achieve upward rotation and forward projection of your nasal tip.  Addition of a subtle tip graft would make your dorsal hump nearly disappear and would need very minor reduction(0.5-1mm).  Be very careful about going to see someone who thinke the dirsal hump needs to be removed by itself as this will result in a very flat faced and button nose type undesirable aesthetics!

While the above surgical plan if well executed is ideal, these maneuvers can indeed be approximated with fillers.  The nice thing about doing this with fillers is that it gently lets you ease into these subtle changes and in the future you will probably opt for a rhinoplasty if you like the results.  The down side of the fillers is that you will spend several thousand dollars to get this done right and that is money that could have gone towards your rhinoplasty.  I do not recommend using permanent or semipermanent fillers.  I believe only hyaluronic acid based fillers such as Juvederm should be used and unfortunately this only lasts about a year.

In short, your nose certainly can be drastically improved with fillers but the right thing to do for long term correction is a rhinoplasty.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty

+2

Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty is a bit of a misnomer, because it is not a Rhinoplasty, but placement of filler in the nose.  Fillers in the nose will not straighten your nose, nor will they be effective in raising your nasal tip.  If you want to achieve tip rotation, address the dorsal hump, and/or straighten your nose, the only way to achieve this is via surgical Rhinoplasty.  I would encourage you to keep your options open and see a few Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeons in Manhattan (Anthony Sclafani and Marc Zimbler are both excellent) in order to help you make your decision.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Before non-surgical rhinoplasty, try a quick test drive.

+1

You may well be a candidate, but to be certain the possibility is achievable, I would highly recommend what I call the "Kotler Saline Demo."  As has long been my practice, I can demonstrate to you, as could another cosmetic surgeon using this technique, the predicted result using sterile saline as the temporary -- but effective  -- demonstration filler. 

If you like what you see in the saline demo, you are likely to be satisfied with a filler.  I recommend permanent fillers, but you could have a filler of your choice.

The best advice is to consult my website which has ample examples of both the "Kotler Saline Demo" and the permanent filler.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON
Author, THE ESSENTIAL COSMETIC SURGERY COMPANION

Robert Kotler, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

The non-surgical rhinoplasty procedure works well for the proper patient.  It can be done to better contour the nasal dorsum.  Remember the filler will not last forever but it is very long lasting.

Jay H. Ross, MD
Palm Harbor Plastic Surgeon

Tip Elevation with Fillers

+1

Close-up photos would be helpful to give you more specific advice.  That being said, only small changes in the tip elevation are possible with fillers.  A standard rhinoplasty is your best choice for tip elevation.

Daniel Reichner, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

NOT a Good Candidate for a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

Regarding: "Would I Be a Candidate for Non Surgical Rhinoplasty?
I am interested in having a procedure done to my nose, however, I do not want a surgical rhinoplasty procedure. I was looking to have one of the non invasive procedures done to make my nose straighter and slightly raised at the tip. I have an appointment at Demicare Medical on Friday to find out more but wanted some more feedback of what type of non invasive procedures I should have done to enhance my appearance (without surgery) and specialists in Manhattan. Thank you in advance
"

Your nose is long with a slightly droopy tip. Filling your nose with filler will NOT straighten the nose, will not shorten it nor will it raise the tip. The only thing filler can do is mask a mild irregularity or hump. The claims that filler in the nose can somehow magically straighten and lift come from the same people who brought "The Liquid Facelift" - the loading of a face with Botox and fillers as a "substitute" for a Facelift. When non-surgeons decide to supplement their incomes by playing in the surgeons' play box, they are limited to non surgical tools and over extend themselves. Hence the preposterous claims.

You are a VERY attractive young woman who stands to look FANTASTIC with a Rhinoplasty. The operation can straighten and shorten the nose as well as take off the hump and rotate your tip upwards. It is a real shame you are not willing to consider it.

Dr. Peter A Aldea

Nonsurgical Nose Jobs Can Work for Droopy Noses and Curved Noses

+1

I have found nonsurgical nose jobs quite effective for lifting droopy nasal tips and straightening humps, bumps, and depressions along the bridge and top of the nose. From the pictures provided, I believe that you would be a candidate. Sometimes just injecting the appropriate volume to the bridge area is enough to give an esthetically satisfactory lift to the tip of the nose, as you can clearly see from the before and after photos in the link. provided. In that case, nothing at all was done to the tip (only to the bridge deformity), yet it appears more raised and natural.

In cases where sufficient secondary lift is not achieved by simply volumizing the bridge area, additional volumizing material can be added to the area of the base of the nose, with or without the addition of a neuromodulator, such as Dysport and Botox.. The latter work, not by a volume effect, but by weakening the small muscles in the area that exert a downward pull on the nose. This allowis those that pull upward to become more efficient. 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

From you pictures, you can certainly augment the naso-frontal angle or the bridge of your nose. However, raising your tip is probably not a good idea with an injectable filler...

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Based on your photo and your concerns, you're not an optimal candidate for a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty treatment.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your profile photos. It seems like you're looking for a straight profile, and slight elevation of your tip. In my practice, Injectable Fillers will not provide any tip projection or rotation. Also, your profile-hump is a bit large for fillers.

I have, however, treated many "sub-optimal" patients. Some folks just don't want to undergo surgery, and are happy with a straighter profile. If you could live with your tip the way it is, you may want to try an Injectable Filler treatment to your bridge. Make sure your doctor is experienced in the art of using fillers for nasal enhancement, and check many photos before proceeding.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical rhinoplasty can help.

+1

Hi.

Going just by your pictures, I think small amounts of Juvederm Ultra Plus injected into the tip of the nose, into the root of the nose (glabella, between the eyes), and into the base of the nose (just above your upper lip) should improve your appearance.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)