Am I A Candidate for A Non-surgical Nose Job?

i really do not enjoy the appearance of my nose but i don't want to end up getting rhinoplasty though, so i want to have a brief idea do i seem like a candidate?

"Nonsurgical Nosejob" has limitations

+2

The placement of filler in the nose (e.g. Restylane, Juvederm, and Radiesse), what some people call the Nonsurgical "Nosejob" or Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty, can be appropriate for certain patients. I perform both nonsurgical and surgical rhinoplasty in my San Francisco Bay Area practice. I have found that in patients with a slight curve to the nose, placement of filler along the concave side can make the nose appear straighter. Also, in patients with a small hump and no other issues with the nose, placing filler above and below the "bump" can make the hump appear less prominent. The filler procedure takes 15-20 minutes to complete and can be performed quite comfortably in the office, after application of topical numbing cream.

However, there are certain limitations to non-surgical rhinoplasty. Changing the position of the tip, making the nose smaller, and improving breathing are among the indications which require traditional surgical rhinoplasty. Also the fillers which are safest to use are temporary, lasting between 9 and 18 months in most people. In general, I advise against permanent fillers (e.g. silicone) in the nose, as these can lead to permanent lumps, irregularities, and asymmetry. 

My advice for anyone seeking a nonsurgical rhinoplasty is to consult with a surgeon who performs traditional rhinoplasty as well, so that you are informed of all of your options. Computer imaging, to communicate your aesthetic desires to the surgeon, is extremely helpful as well. The surgeon can demonstrate what can be achieved with filler and what could be done with a rhinoplasty. 

Based on the two photos you have submitted, you may be able to have filler placed above and below your hump, however, the non-surgical techniques would not reduce the overall size of your nose, refine your tip or improve your tip position. I am not sure that you would be satisfied with your results. 

Regards,

Dr. Mehta

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Based on your photos, I don't think you would be happy with a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedure.

+2

I read your question, and reviewed your photos. You appear to have a long nose with a bulbous, droopy tip, and a profile-hump. Adding filler above and below your hump may provide some improvement. But the size of your nose will not get smaller, and your tip would look unchanged. Your satisfaction with a non-surgical procedure would depend on what you would expect to achieve.

Regards from NJ.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

There is a test before going to permanent, non-surgical rhinoplasty.

+1

You may well be a candidate, but to be sure it is achievable, I would highly recommend what I call the "Kotler Saline Demo."  As has long been my practice, I can show you, as could another surgeon using this technique, the predicted result using sterile saline as the temporary -- but effective -- test filler.  The saline only lasts an hour but shows what look the filler will have on  your nose.

If you like what you see from the saline test, you are likely to be satisfied with a filler.  I recommend permanent fillers, but you could have a filler of your choice.

The best advice is to consult my website which has ample examples of both the "Kotler Saline Demo" and the permanent filler.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON
Author, THE ESSENTIAL COSMETIC SURGERY COMPANION

Robert Kotler, MD