I'm 21, 184 lbs, and I've had one child. Am I a candidate for tummy tuck? (photo)

I'm 21, 184lbs, and I've had one child. I'm aware I still have weight to loose but it's also hard for me to loose weight.

Tummy tuck

+1
You would be a candidate if you are have no significant medical problems, of a satisfactory BMI and in my practice a non smoker. In my opinion you would get better results the closer you are to a normal BMI. I would recommend you see a dietician and your general practitioner to get advice on how you could reduce your weight first. 
If you were planning on any more pregnancies in the near future you should delay your surgery.
Kind regards,
Vij

Australia Plastic Surgeon

Am I a candidate for tummy tuck?

+1
   If you are otherwise healthy and you are at a safe BMI, tummy tuck seems like a reasonable alternative.

Good candidates for Tummy Tuck

+1
Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) is a procedure for men or women with excess fat or loose lower abdominal skin that is resistant to diet or exercise. Women who are finished with childbearing and who have excess skin, fat or bulging in the lower abdomen are candidates for a Tummy Tuck. With pregnancy, the abdominal muscles will often separate causing bulging in the lower abdomen. Like excess skin and stretch marks, these stretched out muscles will not retighten with aggressive diet and exercise. A Tummy Tuck corrects these concerns by tightening the abdominal muscles creating a firmer flatter abdomen and by removing the excess skin and fat creating a thinner abdominal profile. Liposuction is sometimes used in a conservative manner with a Tummy Tuck to assist with sculpting the waist line further.

Jeremy Z. Williams, MD
Lone Tree Plastic Surgeon