Not a Candidate for Tummy Tuck, Now What? (photo)

i had a 10 minute free consult with a local PS who did a pinch test and told me i am not a candidate for a full TT by doing a pinch test, he doesnt do mini TT because they dont yield favorable outcomes, and left me with no other options. what can i do? my belly button is herniated, AND i have a scar from an old infected belly button piercing. im 5 months postpartum, 2 kids, breastfeeding.

+1

Posted photos are to distance to really respond. Pay for or find a free evaluation from a boarded PSs in your city IN PERSON! 

Options in tummy tuck

+1

You do not display that much abdominal muscle laxity.  You have minimal excess skin.  It is possible to do a limited incision abdominoplasty and tighten or plicate the muscle all the way up to the upper abdomen to achieve a flat abdomen.  The laxity around the umbilicus can either be improved with adding fat or doing a very conservative skin excision around the umbilicus and closing it in a pursestring fashion.  This way you will not need the full incision of the abdominoplasty but achieve a very flat abdomen. 

Benjamin Chu, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck options

+1

If you have minimal skin laxity then it is probably true that a standard tummy tuck is not an option, because this usually removes all of the skin between the belly button and the pubic area; the skin of the upper abdomen has to then stretch all the way down to cover that area. A mini tummy tuck does not improve the appearance of the upper abdomen, so it may not be the best choice for you either. There is a third option, which is not very commonly done but worth knowing about called a reverse tummy tuck. This is a mini tummy tuck of the upper abdomen, placing the scar along the bottom edge of the breasts.  The belly button can be revised as as a separate issue.

Richard Baxter, MD

You have options

+1

I think that you certainly have options such as mini abdominoplasty, floating umbilical abdominoplasty, and should meet with some other plastic surgeons to get your options.  While you met with one who did not think he could help there are many of thus who likely could.  Go on some other consultations and good luck!

Evan Sorokin, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

Not a Candidate for Tummy Tuck, Now What?

+1

The belly button can be improved through a few different maneuvers and can help with loose skin and the appearance of the belly button.  Although it is true that the minitummy tuck does not fit many patients, you may be one of the few it does benefit.  It is a bit difficult for me to discern from the pictures and an exam or clearer pictures will be necessary.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs HUNDREDS of tummy tucks each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Now What?

+1

Although I don't see enough skin excess to do a TT, there may be some local remedies, and another consultation may be the best approach, If you have a hernia, a general surgeon may be a better choice for you.

All the best.