Am I a Candidate for Tummy Tuck After a C-Section? (photo)

I'm a 32 years old with two children. I had a c-section 11 years ago and a Vbac 1 year ago. I'm seriously considering getting a tummy tuck in a few months. Do I need a muscle repair and I'm a good candidate for a full tummy tuck? Would a tummy tuck get rid of most of the stretch marks?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Should I have a Tummy Tuck?

+1

Yes, you are a candidate for a full tummy tuck.  Thank you for including photographs with your questions.  My two questions for you are 1. Are you finished having children? 2. Is your weight stable?  The photographs seem to indicate a stable weight and I imagine you are not planning a future pregnancy anytime soon, as it is not the best idea to go through surgery only to need to have to repeat it. 

Pregnancy stretches your muscles and skin.  All pregnant women have some widening of the space between the two rectus abdominus muscles.  The more pregnancies the greater the widening. This is called a diastasis of the rectus muscles and needs to be repaired in order for a women to have a tight flat abdomen.  The full abdominoplasty will correct the diastasis, above and below your umbilicus, remove excess skin and fat, and as many stretch marks as are in the skin that is removed.  

I think you will be very pleased with a full abdominoplasty - tummy tuck!

Washington Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck with muscle repair.

+2

Thank you for your question and the photos. Yes, yes, and yes to your three questions. For those who qualify for tummy tuck, muscle tightening is usually indicated after having children and the skin excision removes many of the stretch marks. To be sure you qualify to have the procedure done, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

Should I have tummy tuck? (photo)

+2

Thanx for post with pix.  YES, you will be happy after tummy tuck, provided the procedure is carefully planned and skillfully executed.  Goals of the procedure: Narrow your waste, flatten your belly, remove excess hanging skin and as many striae (stretch marks) as possible, contour the abdominal surface so you look fit, and hide the scar by positioning it properly and keeping it as short and narrow as possible.

Web reference: http://www.feelbeautiful.com

Candidates for tummy tuck

+2

The best candidates for abdominoplasty (tummy Tuck) are young healthy individuals, such as yourself,  who have had one or more pregnancies and have loose abdominal wall skin and muscle laxity.  Although an exam would be necessary to determine the condition of your abdominal wall muscles, it has been my experience that most women who have had multiple pregnancies have some degree of abdominal wall laxity.  Tummy tucks do get rid of most of the stretch marks on the lower abdomen ( everything below the belly button) and will tighten your abdominal wall muscles.  Liposuction is also usually performed on the flanks at the same time as the tummy tuck.

Medford Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck to Repair Muscles

+2

Judging by your photos I think you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck.  I try to have may patients at or near their ideal body weight prior to surgery.  The operation will remove the excess skin which usually contains most of the stretch marks.  The second part of the procedure tightens the abdominal muscles to leave your abdomen flatter and I almost always use some liposuction to contour the upper abdomen and hips.

Consult with at least two or maybe three plastic surgeons in your area and make sure you fully understand the procedure before proceeding.  Thank you for your question and good luck.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Candidate?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I think you should do very well with a full tummy tuck procedure. Ideally, it would be done at a time when you have reached your long term stable weight (if you are not there already).  The tummy tuck procedure would serve to remove the excess skin and adipose tissue from slightly above the belly button down to the pubic bone.  Muscle plication (repair) is usually helpful for patients who have had children and/or weight gain/loss.

Please make sure you do your due diligence in selection of a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Tummy Tuck Candidate

+1

Yes, based on your picture, you look like a good candidate for tummy tuck / abdominoplasty.  However, you would need to be seen and evaluated in person to determine for sure.  In the tummy tuck procedure your muscle will be tightened underneath your skin.  Your skin would then be tightened and much of your loose skin and stretch marks will be removed.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Candidate for Tummy Tuck

+1

Although an examinaton would be required to make any recommendations, a tummy tuck may be an option for you with additional liposuction of your waist.  A tummy tuck (also called abdominoplasty) is a very popular cosmetic surgery procedure. A tummy tuck can be an effective tool for shaping and sculpting the body for better body appearance and improved self esteem.

Sometimes no amount of diet and exercise can create a flat tummy. Tummy tuck plastic surgery actually tightens abdominal muscles and removes excess fat and skin from the stomach area to create a tighter, slimmer, smoother belly. A tummy tuck can be combined with other procedures such as liposuction of your waists or flanks (i.e. love handles) to fine tune your result

Patients choose abdominoplasty cosmetic surgery for a number of reasons, including:

Excess abdominal skin following weight loss; Weight gain (beer belly or spare tire) from a sedentary lifestyle; Abdominal fat that is resistant to diet and exercise; Stretched stomach muscles from pregnancy; Desire for a thinner profile; Desire to look younger and fitter; Desire to fit into clothes better.

I recommend you visit with an ASPS member plastic surgeon to further explore your options and to find out if you are a candidate for this procedure

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Tummy tuck candidate?

+1

In my opinion, there is no question you will benefit greatly from abdominoplasty  (tummy tuck) surgery. There are three components to my tummy tucks: I tighten the muscles, remove the excess skin and do a modest amount of liposuction on the waist and upper abdomen.  Good luck and make sure you always use a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

You are a good candidate for a TT

+1

Your photos show you should be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck especially if you have reached your ideal body weight and are not a smoker.  The procedure would tighten the loose fascia and muscles of your abdomen and help flatten it.  Also, the excess and hanging skin and likely the majority of stretch marks and your C-section scar would be removed.  Consider the possibility of some liposuction around your flanks to refine your waistline.  This would result in a flatter abdomen, and narrower waist and a reduction in the number of stretch marks.