Would I Be a Candidate for the Donut/periareola Breast Lift? (photo)

Donut mastopexies

+1

can help improve your symmetry if that is all you are trying to achieve.  Your procedure would be limited to your right side only.  If you're wanting more, you would have to consider more standard mastopexies and possibly even implants.  Discuss your desires and concerns with your plastic surgeon and don't forget to get his/her revision policy as it varies from doctor to doctor just in case you do need one later to tweak your results. 

Hello

+1

You really didn’t say what your goal is with this lift. Not sure if you’re looking into getting superior fullness, a lift will not do that on its own. If you get the lift with a good size implant you would get good results. You should see a PS so you can get your options.

Would I Be a Candidate for the Donut/periareola Breast Lift?

+1

NO! Simple response based upon the posted photos. The breasts are ptotic to 4th degree and an asymmetry appears to be present. Best to seek ONLY in person evaluations from boarded PSs in your city. 

Candidate for the Donut/periareolar breast lift.

+1

Looking at your photo, I don't think this lift would be the right one for you.  This is a good technique for lifting a breast (or relocating the nipple) only a small distance.  Looking at your photo, you would need to lift the nipple more than this technique would allow to match the breasts and nipple location.  Not only would there be significant "pleating" of the skin around the nipple, it would also flatten out the breast requiring an implant.  There are other techniques that would work much better in my hands. 

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Am i candidate for a peri-areolar breast lift??

+1

I do not think a peri-areolar lift alone will adequately correct your asymmetry and sagging. I think a circumvertical lift with reshaping of the existing tissue will provide you a with a nice natural longer lasting result compared to the donut lift.

Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Best Breast Lift for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Your pictures do demonstrate significant breast asymmetry as well as a moderate amount of breast ptosis (sagging). You may be a candidate for circumareolar  or a vertical mastopexy;  each of these options have their pros/cons that will need to be considered carefully.  Direct physical examination  and a full communication of your goals will be necessary  to give you definitive advice.

I would suggest an in-person consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons; ask to see lots of examples of their work.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLift.htm

+1

Yes you could consider a circum-areolar  breast lift

It will require internal lifting and possible mesh support 

The areolae will be reduced as well

Web reference: http://www.beckermd.com/breast/lift-boca-raton-fl/

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Not a good option

+1

As the other doctors have stated, based on these pictures alone and without a thorough exam a Periareolar lift would not be as good as a circumvertical or even more aggressive would be wise pattern.

Princeton Plastic Surgeon

+1

If you are looking for a breast lift alone without implants, in my opinion a periareolar breast lift (that is, a lift with only a circular scar) does not work well by itself.  It is a very weak lift, does not truly reshape the breast (as does a vertical or circumvertical lift), and without implants to give the breast some projection it turns a flat pancake breast into a slightly higher flat pancake breast.  When the breast is too ptotic or overhanging, then the periareolar lift is even worse...much worse scars, more flattening effect around the areola, a worse shape. I use the periareolar lift when, during breast augmentation, the nipple and breast needs mild elevation. You need a vertical scar to accomplish a more effective lift and reshaping of the breast, and this is accomplished by a circumvertical, vertical, or anchor lift depending on your examination and measurements.

Web reference: http://www.seattleplasticsurgery.com/breast-lift-surgery.html

+1

Thanks for the question and for the photos you attached.

An actual exam is much better than looking at photos. Saying that, I think you would be better served with a vertical mastopexy. The nipple and areola need more elevation than you can get with the circumareolar (donut) lift. 

In the pictures there is a fair amount of asymmetry, but that is probably because your camera hand is elevated, simulating a lift. That elevated left breast may look about right for a post-op result, except for the added scars. 

Thanks, and best wishes.