Would I Be a Candidate for Rhinoplasty? I Don't Like my Long and Fat Nose. (photos)

My nose has made me insecure for years. Would rhinoplasty be beneficial for my nose? The width is big, especially when I smile, and it is long when you see my profile. I don't think it balances out well with the rest of my face.

Candidate for Rhinoplasty

+1

Physically, I think you are an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty. As you say the nose is not proportional to the rest of your facial features. Suggestions to be considered include narrowing and refining the nose, and decreasing the tip projection. An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon will examine you, describe unfavorable features, and present alternatives to achieve a natural result. Good Luck!

Rhinoplasty surgery

+1
Yes you would be an ideal patient for rhinoplasty surgery. Your nose is to big to work harmoniously with your other features. I would go and see a a surgeon with an excellent reputation for rhinoplasty surgery. You should review all the before and afters photographs and see if you find the same aesthetically pleasing result you would like to see on yourself. Rhinoplasty surgery is very important to be individualized for each patient so the result is a natural looking nose that appears as if you were born with it and not surgically altered. I use a digital imaging computer in my consulting phase which is ideal for patients like yourself to see the proposed surgical result prior to the procedure. A good rhinoplasty surgeon will also have many recheck appointments in the office during your consultation and you should speak with those patients regarding their experience. My expert opinion is that you would be an ideal patient for rhinoplasty and should be very happy with a successful result. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD