Would I Be a Candidate for Nasal Reshaping Based on Width? (photo)

I never had a problem with my nose until about a year ago, when the bottom part started to appear very bulbous. There is also a bump on the left side. In the wrong light it is very visible. I am 20. Would I be a candidate for a rhinoplasty to make my nose more narrow? What would you personally recommend to improve my nose? Thanks so much for your help.

Rhinoplasty can improve normal nose was slightly broad tip.

+3

Thank you for sending your photograph and question. You have a very pretty balanced face and your nose is a very normal structure.

And expertly, carefully perform rhinoplasty can narrow and refine your nasal tip with cartilage grafting.However if the tip is narrowed than the dorsum or bony portion of your nose will need to be narrowed also to match the new tip..

You have very pretty face so choose your rhinoplasty surgeon very very carefully. You need to find a plastic surgeon who does a lot rhinoplasties, and has produced excellent results. Asked to see before and after pictures, and do your best to find if the surgeon has an excellent reputation in your community.

Small Changes Make Big Improvements in Some Cases

+1

Yes, can have small changes made to your nose to subtly change the width while refining the overall look.  An in-depth consult is needed to determine a specific surgery.  Good Luck!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for nasal reshaping

+1

The width of the tip can be addressed through closed rhinoplasty technique where sutures are placed at the tip to narrow, refine, and feminize the nasal tip.  Cartilage can also be moved to further define and narrow the tip, if necessary.  To narrow the nasal bridge, osteotomies are performed.  Alar base resections are done to narrow the nostrils.  This can all be done through a closed rhinoplasty under general anesthesia as an outpatient procedure.

Would I Be a Candidate for Nasal Reshaping Based on Width?

+1

From the photos, of your nose, a closed Rhinoplasty to primarily thin the cartilages of the nasal tip would seem appropriate.  Be sure the Rhinoplasty Surgeon, you select, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose and face.

Limited Rhinoplasty

+1

Tip Rhinoplasty would be a procedure that you would benefit from. Also, it is possible to shave the hump but side views would be necessary. It would be a limited rhinoplasty. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Nasal reshaping

+1

Based on your photo it appears that reshaping of your nasal tip will help you.

Trimming of the lower lateral cartilages with reshaping with sutures will narrow and refine the tip.

David Nicholas Csikai, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Primary rhinoplasty

+1

A side view is essential but your 3/4 view shows the retracted lower cartilages with columella show typical of some operated nose but yours is a primary problem. Therefore, your lower cartilages need to be trimmed, narrowed with sutures and lowered as well as secured to the your septum to achieve tip refinement and correction of retraction. The nasal base needs to be reduced with Alar Repositioning Technique to achieve the appropriate width.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

You may very well be a candidate for tip refinement and sublet shaving a dorsal hump. An exam would be essential.

Nasal Reshaping to Change Width

+1

Your tip can be improved by subtly narrowing and refining your tip. I'm sorry but I cannot see the bump on the left side. You are physically an excellent candidate for a limited rhinoplasty. Little needs to be changed.