Would I Be a Candidate for a Lower Body Lift?

I recently lost about 30lbs. As a result, I have stretch marks on my hips, lower and upper thighs. I've read a lower body lift is ideal for removing excess skin and stretch marks. But my weight loss wasn't dramatic enough to cause saggy skin on my body. My question is would I still be a possible candidate for the body lift??

Lower Body Lift to remove loose skin

+1

One of the most popular procedures after massive weight loss is a lower body lift.  If you are considering a lower body lift - this procedure (LBL) is also referred to as  circumferential body lift = belt lipectomy.  This procedure is essentially 3 procedures in one: extended tummy tuck + waist/lateral thigh lift + buttock lift.  The buttock lift can also include buttock augmentation.  The lateral thigh lift will help contour the lateral aspect of your thighs.  The procedure can taken between 5-7 hours depending on the amount of tissue/skin that needs removal/treatment.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Body Lift Candidate?

+1

The answer to your question depends on your goals and your anatomy.   a common first line of attack for patients who have lost significant weight is a body lift procedure.  Most plastic surgeons refer to a body lift as a circumferential body lift = belt lipectomy.  This procedure is essentially 3 procedures in one: extended tummy tuck + waist/lateral thigh lift + buttock lift (with the option of buttock augmentation).    A physical exam would be needed to make any recommendations.  Please visit with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Candidate for a lower bodylift?

+1

Thanks for your post. Most patients in my practice that undergo bodylift surgery have lost over 100 pounds. See a local plastic surgeon for an opinion to be sure. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Lower body lift candidate

+1

The best candidates for circumferential body contouring procedures like a lower body lift or a belt lipectomy are people who have loose skin in the front, along the sides, and in the lower back.  More and more I'm seeing women in my office who haven't lost a lot of weight but still have a lot of loose skin and are electing to undergo these types of procedures.  I don't really think it's just a question of how much weight a person loses or lost.  I think it's a question of how much loose skin a person has and where that loose skin is.  Try this:  stand in front of a mirror and turn sideways to the mirror.  Bend as far forward at the waist as you can.  Look in the mirror and see how much skin is crinkling up.  See where that skin is.  If you have a lot of it and it extends far out to the outside of the abdomen, then a tummy tuck might be a good procedure to consider.  Now stand back upright.  With your right hand, reach around the lower back in the lower "love handle" area and pinch together the tissues.  When you pinch those tissues, if you can't bring your thumb and your fingers closer together than 3 inches (about the length of your index finger), you might not benefit from an excisional operation like a body lift or a belt lipectomy.  On the other hand, if you can bring your thumb and fingers close together and you can pull that tissue out a fair amount away from the underlying muscles, then you just might have enough lose skin to want to consider this type of procedure.  No doctor answering this question on the internet can answer you in a meaningful way.  You really need to visit with a plastic surgeon who has a lot of experience with this type of surgery.  Your entire health history needs to be reviewed and a thorough examination needs to take place.  It is certainly possible that you may be a candidate for a body lift.  You should also know that these procedures do not eliminate all of the stretch marks for most people.  Spend some time researching surgeons in your area.  Make sure your health is as good as it can be.  These are major operations.  The results can be amazing, but it's important that you do some homework before you go through it!

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Body Lift and Arm Lift Procedures

+1

Body Lift (circumferential body lift) and Arm Lift (Brachioplasty) procedures are typically performed after significant weight loss where there is severe skin laxity.  The loss in skin tone results in "hanging, loose skin".

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Lower body lift candidate

+1

I think you answered your own question. If you do not have a lot of loose skin then it probably is not necessarry.

You wont need a complete circular body/ tu no requeririas una reseccion completa circular

+1

loosing 30 lbs is really few overweight for needing a complete circular body lift, you sureley will need ,a complete lypo, plus  normal TT..perhaps with simoultaneously your own fat for BUTTS augmentation implantation

el perder 30 lbs no justificaria realizar un lifting completo de la parte inferior del cuerpo con una TT normal  mas implante de  grasa autologa para los gluteos seria lo ideal para ti

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Lower Body Lift

+1

There are multiple factors that go into this decision, but it would be unusual for an individual who lost 30 lbs to need a body lift.  An exam would be necessary, but find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of body contouring procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-photo-galleries.php

Lower body Lift

+1

If you have excess skin all around the lower body then a lower body lift can help with excess saggy skin. But it is not a treatment for stretch marks. Do not trade  a large scar to get rid of stretch marks.

+1

Impossible to answer without photos. A lower body lift results in an incision in the lower abdomen, continuing around the back. There must be excess skin for this to work, and if you don't have sagging skin, you would only get a scar and no improvement. There would be little or no effect on the thighs. Please consider posting a photo. 

All the best.