Candidate for Lower Blepharoplasty? (photo)

I noticed that I have been getting horrible bags under my eyes in the last year, not just in the morning but all day long. I ice my eyes every morning for 30 minutes & tried every cream out there, Alas, I have inherited my mothers puffy eyes & bags. Before I go consult w/surgeons, I would like your opinion on whether or not you think I am a good candidate for the surgery & whether this surgery would remove my bags permanently.Is just the surgery alone enough or is skin tighening needed as well?

Good Bleph candidate.

+2

I will add my opinion as the others in that you appear to be a good candidate for a blepharoplasty. The particular approach should be determined by a good examination in person. A less invasive camouflage technique is to add filler in the tear trough to "hide" the true problem of the fatty protrusion above. 

Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid bags

+2

It looks like you would be a good candidate for fat repositioning in your lower eyelids.  Through the inside of your eyelids, the fat can be released from underneath your eye and fill in the hollow areas.  It doesn't look like you would need much, if any, skin removed.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Hall

Lower eyelid blepharoplasty without general anesthesia

+2

Under eye bags can be corrected with a lower eyelid blepharoplasty. The choice of anesthesia is important, and I perform many of these procedures under local anesthesia as they are well tolerated. Surgery90210

Subconjunctival Blepharoplasty for improved lower lid contour

+2

Judging from your photos, you would benefit from a bilateral lower lid blepharoplasty procedure.  If you were my patient, I would recommend a subconjunctival blepharoplasty.  In this procedure, the incisions are done inside the eyelid. The fat tissue is removed, while leaving the skin without scars.  The shape of the lower lid is preserved, and you have the option of tightening the skin afterward with fractional CO2 laser resurfacing if you choose.  

Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

You are a good candidate for this procedure

+2

From looking at your photos, it appears that the bags are probably due to fat pads that have pushed forward. Sometimes the bags are due to fluid buildup from hayfever type allergies. If a decongestant doesn't change the bags at all, or the bags are present year-round, most likely the problem requires removing some of the fat pads and repositioning the other pads. Some patients need some skin removed. It's hard to tell from your photos how loose the skin is.

A few different options.

+2

There are a few different options you could consider that I have listed in order of preference:

1. Lower lid blepharoplasty with fat excision and pinch skin excision with fat grafting to the cheek/malar/tear trough region.

2. Lower lid blepharoplasty with fat repositioning

3. Fillers to the lower lid tear trough.

Seek an experienced eyelid surgeon.

Web reference: http://seattleface.com/html/dr_amadi.php

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Excellent Candidate

+2
I would consider your situation the classic example of the aged eyelid. You should have an excellent result with an experienced surgeon. I would encourage you to discuss with your surgeon if they are a fat preserver. Some fat can be removed but today I would recommend fat transposition into the hollow of you lid/cheek junction. This will give a better long lasting result.
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Lower Blepharoplasty for baggy eyes

+2

Hi there,

It appears you are an ideal candidate for this procedure. In your case I would not only excise the extra skin you do have, but I would also release the fat pad that has herniated and become prominant. I would NOT excise the fat as this can often cause unnecessary bleeding, and possibly create a more pronounced contour deformity. Releasing the fat from its 'bag' will allow the fat to drape nicely over the hollowness below it creating a flat/smooth surface.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/Default.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Lower Blepharoplasty?

+2

Cosmetically, it certainly looks like you are a candidate for surgery, but you need an examination in person to make sure that you are a good surgical candidate. In terms of your skin, from the photo it is hard to tell whether you need skin tightening or not. My gut feeling would be that you do not need it.

Web reference: http://www.neweyelids.com/

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Candidate for Lower Blepharoplasty? Yes or injectable filler.

+2

You are a great candidate for lower blepharoplasty. As an alternative, you could proceed with Juvederm injections in the undereye area to camouflage the bulge in the lower eyelid.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/blepharoplasty/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.