Would I be a candidate for Invisalign?

Also I'm concerned about gum recession. I have a tooth #21 that appears to be reabsorbing and the ligament is non existent via X-ray

#Invisalign

+1
It would be best if you could upload you radiographs, but based on your description and photo, you appear to be a good candidate for Invisalign.  If your #21 tooth root is showing signs of resorption, this is not ideal, but does not exclude you as a candidate for Invisalign.  I suggest researching a top doc cosmetic dentist on this site and getting evaluated.  It seems like you will be fine, but I would need to see x-rays and additional photos to make a definitive diagnosis.  Good luck to you and I hope this helps. "Follow" me on Real Self to ask more questions of me.
Sarah Thompson, DMD
O'Fallon, IL and St. Louis, MO
Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentist

YES you can be a candidate

+1
Sometimes recession is a result of poorly aligned teeth.  In my opinion and from just looking at this picture, I would recommend Invisalign for you and after completing your treatment I would like you to be seen by a periodontist who can help you with restoring the health of the gum.
Chantilly Orthodontist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.