Would I Be a Candidate for Ear Cartilage Reshaping and Also Pinning Closer to my Head? (photo)

Id like to have my ears more rounded shape i.e cartilage and closer to my head. Is this possible?

+1

Otoplasty can address your concerns.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facial and ear correction surgeries each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Would I Be a Candidate for Ear Cartilage Reshaping and Also Pinning Closer to my Head?

+1

Yes, you would be a candidate for changing the appearance of your ears.  The procedure is called an otoplasty.  In adult patients it can be done under local anesthesia in the office which makes the surgery less expensive than if you need to be put to sleep

John F. Reinisch, MD

Candidate for otoplasty?

+1

Anyone can have an otoplasty and you can certainly find a doctor that will do it for you since you'll be paying a fee.  But I can't say you need it on both sides as only one side protrudes more then the other.  Consider just having it done on one side if you must have closer symmetry.  Yet, your ears do not protrude badly so examine your motivations before jumping in. 

Curtis Wong, MD

+1

Yes, it looks like you would benefit from an otoplasty. Your ears could be set back and re shaped. This is usually done in the office under local anesthesia.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty for prominent ears

+1

The primary goal of an otoplasty is to reduce the prominence of the ears by re-creating the anti-helical fold and setting the conchal bowl backwards.  See the link below for examples

+1

Yes, an otoplasty can create the natural folds and contours of the ear and also pin the ears closer to your head. In skilled hands, this is a safe procedure that takes about one hour to complete. Downtime is typically a little less than one week. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty improves shape and position of ears.

+1

Otoplasty is your answer.  In this operation the shape of ear as well is position of ear in relationship to face is improved.  Leave choice of technique to surgeon since there are many variations in it. 

Vasdev Rai, MD