Candidate for Coolsculpting on Thighs? (photo)

I had coolsculpting done on my "saddlebags" and "lovehandles" about a month ago, and I am curious if I could be a candidate for coolsculpting on my inner thighs and below my buttocks. I have been told before that I don't have enough fat in those areas, and although I really appreciate them telling me the truth, I wanted to get a second opinion. My buttocks is already small - although still full of cellulite :( - so I wouldn't want to do anything that would shrink it. Could I benefit? Thanks!

CoolSculpting on thighs

+2

If you try hard enough you will surely find someone who will take your money. CoolSculpting is a wonderful procedure, but I don't think it would be ideal for you. CooolSculpting is not a treatment for cellulite

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting on Thighs

+1
The FDA has approved coolsculpting for the thighs, and the results are impressive at centers that utilize proper technique. Patient selection is key, and you may be a candidate. Consult with a board certified physician who can offer surgical and nonsurgical options to determine the best option for you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting for fat reduction of the thighs

+1

As CoolSculpting is used as an off-label procedure for fat reduction on the thighs at this time, it is appropriate for a doctor who sees you in person to determine if a patient is a candidate. Does an applicator fit well in an area? Might there be a higher chance of an indentation or irregularity after the procedure, if there is no bulge to see before the procedure? The only appropriate consultation, and second opinions are valuable, is one in which you are examined by a physician who can palpate your three dimensional subcutaneous compartments.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Banana roll

+1
While it is possible to treat the "banana-roll" and inner thighs area with coolsculpting, particularly with the newer applicator, it is important to realize that these are "off-label" uses of the device.  Sometimes the applicator is hard to fit to those areas, and it may take more than one session.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Coolsculpting thighs

+1

Although the thighs are often treated it is important to understand this is an off-label treatment as only love handles and abdomen are FDA approved sites. Every patient is different and there are risks to treating the thighs, i would recommend discuss with your doctor before doing.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting for inner thighs ...

+1

It looks like you would be a great candidate for Coolsculpting on your inner thighs. I will warn you that is an area it usually takes two treatment to get good results. The "banana roll" as many call it is a tricky area. We are very careful because if you get into the upper area of it too much , it is likely to leave a crease or "divet"  in that area. The butt area is very hard to fix if you get any of it in the applicator. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Frederick Lester, MD

Coolsculpting for thighs?

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

While some women are not good candidates for coolsculpting in these areas if their skin is extremely tight, most women have enough elasticity in their skin that the machine will work. I believe you are a candidate for this.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon