Candidate for cheek fillers? (photo)

The shape of my face has always been a bit oval and I would like it better if my face was more balanced. I really hate how my face is so round and that my guy friends have amazing cheek bones and their face shape resembles a v but mine I feel is more like a U What do you Dr.'s think?

Injectable Fillers for cheeks

+1

Cheek augmentation can be performed to combat signs of aging (drooping or hollow cheeks) or create the cheeks you never had. At your age, you are looking more to change/enhance your appearance. This can be done with cheek implants, fat transfer, or injectable fillers. Injectable fillers (which are temporary) are a good, safe way to start. A filler with high viscosity like perlane, radiesse, etc. can lift the soft tissue to create more of a heart shape. Find an experienced injector.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm Voluma and Botox to the Masseter Muscle can give you a more heart-shaped face.

+1

Thanks for your question. I will preface my comments by saying that there is no substitute for in-person evaluation with a well-trained MD, but if you are looking to acchieve a more heart-shaped face, I would suggest considering a filler like Juveder Voluma (which has just been approved by the FDA for cheek augmentation lasting 2 years), and perhaps some Botox to the masseter muscle at the angle of the jaw.

Dara Liotta, MD

Cheek enhancement with Radiesse

+1

I think the simplest thing for you to do first would be to try fillers to augment the cheeks and frame your face a bit differently. Give it a V shape or heart-shape.

if he wants something to test the waters use Perlane or Restylane first because you can melt these with an enzyme instantly if you don't like them.

outside of fat transfer my preferred filler is Radiesse

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon