Am I Candidate for Buccal Fat Removal? (photo)

I'm 19 yrs old. I'v always had very flabby and fat cheeks. B/c of these huge sagging cheeks, my face has no angle or definition and looks nothing but a big flabby blob. I was wondering if a buccal fat removal can help improve my cheek area? Also, I was wondering if any one of you have had patients, or seen someone with similar cheeks like mine. It seems to me that I'm the only one with this problem. Thanks for your time

The appropriate candidate for buccal fat pad removal

+1

The problem with buccal fat-pad removal in an inappropriate patient is that it can cause premature aging down the line. Another words it could add five years to your appearance once you hit 33 and above. Fat is the ally of youth. Buccal fat pad removal is a great operation when performed in properly selected patients and not just utilized haphazardly to create enhanced definition in a face. If your lower cheeks or submalar area (the area below your cheekbones themselves) are somewhat thin or narrow, taking out the buccal fat will highlight your cheekbones but at the expense of an exaggeratedly sunken-in appearance.

In your case, judging by your photographs, I do not think that buccal fat removal is a good idea for you. You are young and you will lose some of this "baby fat" in five years. If you are still unhappy at that time perhaps you should revisit this question.