Would I Be a Candidate for a Breast Lift/reduction? (photo)

I am 30 years old, 5 feet tall, & a 38D. In some brands & styles I could be a 36DD. I've lost a little over 20 lbs since January 2011 (currently @ 146 from 170). I have less than 20 lbs to be within normal weight range & less than 30 to be at my goal weight. It has been difficult to find a supportive sports bra for when I workout. I would love to be able to run more. I can't run for long due to the movement of my breasts. Would I be a candidate for a breast lift/reduction? I've attached pics.

Combined Lift and Reduction

+2

You are a perfect candidate for the Ultimate Breast Reduction with Lift.  This is a new procedure that is done through an incision around the nipples and underneath the breasts.  Vertical and boat anchor shaped scars are avoided.  This procedure relieves back pain by transferring the weight off the skin to the underlying muscles.  The breast volume is reduced to the patient's desired cup size.  Cleavage is increased as well as upper breast fullness.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Would I Be a Candidate for a Breast Lift/reduction?

+2

Yes! based upon your posted photos you are a good candidate. But better if you lose more weight. Good luck. 

Perfect for breast lift or reduction

+2

Your breast is quite dependent with the nipple pointing straight down and a lift would bring the nipple up on the breast front and center. Depending on your desired cup size a small reduction can also reduce the final volume if you wish. You might still need the bra for a workout, though you will not need to depend on one for support.

Breast lift/reduction

+2
Congratulations in the weight loss! I recommend that you continue to lose weight and, after reaching your ideal weight, you will be able to know clearly whether you are a candidate for a lift only or for breast reduction. I suspect that once you have lost an additional 20-30 lbs, you will not need a reduction, just the lift.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Activity Level After Rhinoplasty

+2

Thanks for including photos as they are helpful. A breast lift with some volume reduction will give you higher and younger, well proportioned breasts. Probably best to wait until your weight loss is complete and you are stable at your new weight.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast Lift/Reduction Candidacy

+2

It appears from your photos (only) that you are a good candidate for a breast lift incorporating a small reduction.  You did not mention your general health nor your smoking history which are very important, especially with this sort of surgery.

John Whitt, MD

Breast lift candidate

+2

Assuming you are healthy and stable mentally you do look like a potentially very good candidate for a breast lift with maybe some reduction depending on what your volume is when the weight loss has occurred.  This is a real sculpting surgery so visit the surgeons whose photos look the best to you.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast lift/reduction candidate.

+2

Yes, you most certainly are a good candidate for breast surgery. While it is a bit difficult to determine the exact size and density of your breasts from the photos, you appear to be a prospect for a reduction. The difference between a lift and a reduction is the amount of tissue removed. The breasts are lifted in both surgeries. A board certified Plastic Surgeon would be able to evaluate your size and symptoms and help determine if you have enough extra tissue for an insurance covered breast reduction. You will want to note the symptoms you are experiencing (breast, back, neck, shoulder pain, moisture, rashes etc) as this will help with insurance documentation.

By the way, GREAT job on losing the weight as that will make your surgery a little safer and your end result more predictable.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift / Reduction

+1

Thank you for your question and congratulations on the weight loss.  It is never easy losing weight!  I understand your problem and see it often. 

If your goal is to lose some more weight, I would do so.  This may result is some loss of volume and size of your breast and then only a lift would be needed.  If however, your breast didn't get smaller or if you wanted them smaller, a breast reduction can be performed.  It would just depend on your own preference as to whether or not you wanted your breast to be smaller.  A breast lift alone will also reduce the size of your breast a little and this may be enough for you.   

These are all factors you should ask a board certified plastic surgeon during your consultation. 

Best Wishes,

Dr. Brian Joseph

Brian Joseph, MD

Breast Reduction/Lifting Candidate?

+1

Thank you for the question. Congratulations on your weight loss; you are doing the right thing by losing weight prior to undergoing breast surgery.

When you have reached your long-term stable weight, consult with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons and communicate your goals. Some degree of breast lifting/reduction will likely be beneficial.

It would also not be unusual for you to request breast implants ( as “crazy” as this sounds)  down the line to increase superior pole volume/fullness.