Im Not a Candidate for Blepharoplasty, So What Options Do I Have to Fix my Eyelids?(im 22)

Hi, After advice from doctors on realself i have decided not to go through with an upper blepharoplasty i had scheduled. My eyes are really getting me down, is there anything i can have done to effectively tighten up the loose skin on my upper lids? I have already tried active fx twice and botox.

Blepharoplasty Candidate and Options

+1

Not sure why you are not an upper blepharoplasty candidate, assuming you have some laxity of your upper eyelids.  Sometimes a very conservative amount of skin excision is possible without resulting in complications.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Enjoy your pretty eyes

+1

You say that you don't want surgery, so any suggestions bout what operations you should have won't help, unless you change your mind about surgery.  While all the surgeons giving you advice are correct, you don't want surgery, so that is that.

I think you have pretty eyes--prettier than most young women.  They are unique,which enhances their attractiveness. I hope that you can learn to enjoy the--that's the way not to have surgery and yet be happy.

Good luck.

Mark B. Constantian, MD, FACS
Nashua Plastic Surgeon

+1

I agree with the other Oculoplastic surgeons who mentioned that you might benefit with ptosis repair.  The results can be tremendous.  You need a detailed consultation.  Good luck.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Miniscule upper eyelid skin requires no surgical intervention

+1

IMHO, none.  The miniscule amount of upper eyelid skin towards the outside of your eyelids requires no surgical intervention at this time.  In 5, 10 years or more perhaps things will change but right now there's nothing that should be done.

Blepharoplasty at Young Age

+1

No. An upper blepharoplasty is sometimes called for even in a person as young as 20 years old. This is usually from a hereditary tendency and should always be approached conservatively, but if you need it get it; and no creams would not have helped. 

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel repair Upper Eyelid Skin Tightening (Non-Invasive Blepharoplasty)

+1

Hi Dianna,

Fraxel repair fractionated CO2 laser treatment of your upper eye lids, performed properly should help you achieve your aesthetic goals of decreasing the crepe skin of your upper eyelids.  I have treated two patients who have had previous "active FX" who responded to Fraxel repair.  As with most device technologies, it is not only the laser but the physician you choose to treat you.  Choose your treating physician most carefully.  Good luck and be well.  Please see referenced video below where BBC journalist Kate Spicer was treated with Fraxel repair around her eye lids on the BBC documentary "Super Botox Me".

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Upper Eyelid Ptosis and Crepey Skin

+1

Diana,

I agree that ptosis surgery, reconstructive lid surgery, and filler injection would be beneficial.  Aother option would be to treat the crepeniss of your lower lid skin with either a chemical peel or laser resurfacing.

Michael McCracken, MD
Lone Tree Oculoplastic Surgeon

Upper eyelid problem

+1

There are two problems with your upper eyelids.  One is eyelid ptosis, or droopiness, causing a "sleepy" appearance and heave eyelids.  The other problem that is specifically contributing to your "loose" skin is fat deflation around your eyes/brow.  Imagine letting air out of a balloon; the balloon would then wrinkle.  That is what is going in your upper eyelids.  You can consider upper lid ptosis surgery along with filler injection.  Consult an oculoplastic surgeon.

Dr Taban

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

I don't agree with these doctors.

+1

Dianna

Your photos suggest that you have upper eyelid ptosis.  You also show lash ptosis and loose eyelid platform skin.  It is likely that the eyelid surgery that you would benefit is not a standard blepharoplasty.  Rather you might benefit from an eyelid reconstruction to address the upper eyelid ptosis which is subtle and a relatively low crease incision and removal of a very small amount of upper eyelid skin to create a fixed upper eyelid crease using a procedure called anchor blepharoplasty.  The challenge is that it is my opinion that less than 1% of eyelid surgeons in the world are capable of this type of work and the risk of having too much or the wrong surgery is very great.