Hanging Columella Reduction Change the Profile?

I had rhinoplasty 5 years ago andi have a hanging columella that im looking to get fixed. Im happy with everything, but the columella just comes to low. my question is can i get it reduced (pulled back) and still keep the shape of the tip that i see from the profile view. Like, i want the same tip just pushed back, if this makes any sense. because if hes going to have to shape it again im worried it could come out worse. Thank you

Hanging Columella Repair After Rhinoplasty

+1

A hanging columella can easily be repaired without changing the shape of the tip of your nose.

Isolated hanging columella repair

+1

Yes, a hanging columella should be able to be repaired without having to change the rest of the tip. Check out my link below for details on hanging columella repair.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Correction of Hanging Columella

+1

A hanging columella can be fixed without making other changes to the tip or profile.. An experienced surgeon can explain your alternatives.

Columella reduction

+1

Without an exam it is very difficult to evaluate what you are asking.  Go for a consultation to be properly evaluated.

Hanging columella surgery can be done several ways.

+1

Hanging columella surgery can be done several ways. This can be done under local anesthesia if that is the only porblem. See an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon for the best result.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Jess,

A consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon will help answer your questions. It is possible to fix the columella without altering the tip in the hands of an experienced surgeon. Without a direct examination and consultation it is difficult to know exactly what you desire for your aesthetic changes. I would see a few surgeons for their expert opinions and then weigh your pros and cons after direct examination. Best regards and thank you for your inquiry! Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD