Very Unhappy with Rhinoplasty 6 Weeks Post Op? (photo)

i had a rhinoplasty 6 weeks ago the swelling has gone down a little but as you can see i have a bump on the right side of my nose tip and it doesn't seem to go down, do you think its swelling, my right side is definitely more numb and hard/ stiff then my left side. my nose tip was uneven before as well... first picture is before, second is after thanks!!

Rhino 6 weeks post op?

+1

You are super early in the healing process. You can expect most of your swelling to take 4-6 months to resolve but it can take up to a year for all of the swelling to go down. Even more important, it takes one year for scars to mature and soften. That includes visible scars on the outside as well as internal scarring that occurs which you can not see. This can lead to many different little bumps that you might feel. It is really hard to see what you are feeling from your photos. It could be the cartilage beneath the skin that is now palpable now that it has been manipulated. All the things you describe are concerns that my patients have all the time and I will tell you what I tell them. I measure wound healing in months to years not days to weeks. Though your concerns may not totally resolve in months you certainly need to give this months. You are way too early to stress about this too much. Being that said, it is always the best idea for you to return to see your surgeon to voice your concerns because they will usually be able to settle your fears and keep you focused on the long term outcome. Just sit tight. Thinks should improve with time, lots of time. Hope this helps. 

+1

Very hard to see the real issues in your nose from the posted photos. Best to obtain in person second opinions at this stage. Revision surgery would be recommended at 6 months to a year. 

Six weeks post rhinoplasty

+1

At six weeks post rhinoplasty, you are very swollen. You need to give it several months to settle down.

Six weeks is just too early to tell after rhinoplasty

+1
It will just take longer to really know how things will shape up, often several months. If you had good discussion of the goal, and pehaps a computer simulation to hold that idea, chances are that the nose will soften and things will sort out over time.

6 weeks is too early to tell

+1

At 6 weeks after surgery you will still have swelling in your nose.  You have to give you nose time to heal and evaluate it at that time.  The swelling will continue to go down over one year.  If at that time your are unhappy about it, you can explore have a tweak to your nose to help refine it.  

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon