Will the Swelling of my Nasal Bridge Greatly Decrease After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I am now 9 days post-op and I love my nose ! The profile is perfection, I have a lovely curve. However, I am quite swollen on the bridge and the tip, which my doctor told me would change over time. The problem is, I like the bridge wider than it was before surgery ! Ive always thought it was too thin and i'm scared that once the swelling goes down it will be ''too thin'' again.. Will the width of my bridge decrease drastically after swelling has gone down or will it only be a small change?

Swelling of Nasal Bridge

+1

At 9 days postoperatively it is difficult to make any conclusions regarding the ultimate appearance of your nose.  Certainly the swelling over the nasal bone area will improve prior to the swelling in the nasal tip.  Continue to follow up with your surgeon.

Don't see rhinoplasty result for at least two months.

+1

Hi.

It is just too early to worry.  Your bridge may well get thinner when the swelling goes down, but you will not know for several months.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

9 Days after Rhinoplasty and Concerns of Dorsum and Tip Swelling

+1

9 Days is too early to make any predictions here.  The tip is usually the last place that the swelling resolves and the superior portion of the dorsum tends to resolve more quickly.  So these two things may work in your favor.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA