Can the labia minora be enlarged?

I had a bilateral labia minora reduction (as it was called) in the early 80s. I believe the doctor removed far too much. I have no inner labia left. Fortunately, she left the clitoris and hood intact.

Correction of labiaplasty surgery in Los Angeles

+2
Our office specializes in revision labiaplasty procedures. A labia minora flap can often recreate a labia minora to increase symmetry of the labia. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Labia minora revision.

+2
The reconstruction is more difficult than a primary labiaplasty and should be done by a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in labia reconstruction. I published the first and most extensive paper on labia reconstruction in the prestigious journal "Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery" about two years ago. You may need various reconstructive techniques to give you a good appearance. If your labia minora were removed and you still have clitoral hood, then I probably would recommend clitoral hood flaps to reconstruct your labia. You only get one good chance to reconstruct you, so ask a lot of questions.

Gary J. Alter, MD

Labia minora reconstruction

+1
Labial reconstruction may be accomplished using time proven techniques. Labiaplasty is a very personal procedure. There are numerous anatomical variations in the size and shape of the labia. You should consider the emotional, economical and physical aspects of undergoing a surgery on a sensitive sexual appendage. A thorough in person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic or Obstetric Surgeon you may help you to decide if it is the right thing for you.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Can the labia minora be enlarged?

+1
   There are several methods for enlargement including local flaps and grafting.

Labia "enlargement" surgery

+1
The good news is, there are techniques available to reconstruct the labia minors. The other news is, it will never quite look as good as the original native tissue. A consult with a plastic surgeon labiaplasty specialist or two will help determine the best course of action going forward. Glad to help. 

Ryan Stanton, MD