Smoking After a Bbl?

Hello... I wanted to know how much smoking cigarettes six weeks after my bbl will affect my results. I quit about a month before sx and started to gradually smoke six weeks after. will this still cause a depletion of oxygen to the fat grafted areas and affect my results?

Smoking After a Bbl?

+2

I am not sure that there is a tremendous amount of data in literature to render a judgment on this.  I would say that at 6 weeks the fat that is there should be permanent, but smoking may compromise some portion.  This would be purely speculative, and I am not sure that anyone knows the answer.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Smoking After a Bbl?

+2

Thank you for your question, We regularly advise our patients to avoid smoking until two months after the surgery, this will avoid complications in their healing process.

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon