Enough Skin for a Tummy Tuck? What Do About This Skin and Stretch Marks (photo)

I am a 5'3, 35 year old, half-Asian woman who gained lots of weight during pregnancy (50 lbs). I managed to lose it + 10 pounds by working out and changing my diet (now 114 lbs). Overall, I'm happy with my body but I don't think I can do anything about loose skin and stretch marks on my abdomen. They aren't too bad and are mostly on my lower abdomen (some a bit above the belly button). Is there enough skin there for a full TT or will my belly button looked too "pulled down"? Suggestions?

Not enough excess skin

+4

I would not recommend any surgery.  You’ve done a great job of getting yourself back into shape after childbirth!

Candidate for a Tummy Tuck?

+3

Based on your photos, I would not recommend a full tummy tuck. It appears that you have some loose skin below the level of the belly button which can be addressed with a mini-tummy tuck. But the overall appearance of your abdomen looks quite good, despite some mild skin laxity and stretch marks. If you are considering having more children in the future, I recommend waiting before undergoing any abdominal contouring surgery. Hope this helps!

Thanks for your question and photos. Best of Luck!

Gregory Park, MD

Enough Skin for a Tummy Tuck?

+2

I would not recommend any surgery. The first photo shows, other than stretch marks what would make an excellent after photo. If you had a TT, and everything worked out well, your abdomen would look the same, you might not be able to pinch as much skin together, and you would have a large incision in the lower abdomen.

It would not be possible to remove all the stretch marks, and the remaining ones would not likely look much different that all of them do now. Unfortunately, there are no good and reliable remedies for stretch marks.

Thanks for your question and for the photos attached. Best wishes. 

1540 laser treatments not tummy tuck is your best option

+1

Thank you for your question and photograph. Congratulations on your weight loss and fabulous physical condition. Your tummy tuck looks excellent and the stretch marks are not that visible.

I would not do a tummy Tuck on you because you look so good the way you are and the scar of the tummy Tuck would detract from the appearance of your tummy

.1540 fractional erbium non-ablative laser can improve but not totally eliminate your stretch marks. These laser treatments can be combined with the Lux IR Deep skin tightening to provide some improvement in the laxity and definite improvement in the stretch marks.See the link below for more information.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Enough Skin for a Tummy Tuck? What Do About This Skin and Stretch Marks

+1

Based upon the posted photos YOU DO NOT NEED A TT. But better to obtain in person evaluations from boarded PSs in your city. 

Abdominoplasty

+1

After looking at your photos, your abdomen seems to be in pretty good shape, and I don't think you need an abdominoplasty. If the majority of your loose skin is below the umbilicus, you may be a candidate for a mini tuck.

The surgeon who evaluates you will be able to recommend the best option.

Thanks for sharing, and good luck.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon