Is it safe to combine Juvederm and Restylane in the same area?

Is there any risk in having both Juvederm and Restylane injected in the same area? There would only be a few weeks between the injections of Juvederm and the Restylane fillers.

Juvederm and Restylane

+2
Yes, it is safe to layer these fillers.  There are denser fillers that can be used deeply to give volume and then thinner fillers that can be used more superficially to fill finer lines.  Combining these HA fillers can give the best results.

Toronto Dermatologist

Combining fillers like juvederm and restylane in the same area

+2
There really has been no problem in combining different fillers such as restylane and juvederm in the same areas. It is common to use different fillers in different parts of the face, and less common to put two different fillers in the same location, but really not an issue since they are both hyaluronic acids. Most important is injection technique and the expertise of your physician, ideally a dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

+2
It is safe to use the fillers in the same area.  One is typically deeper (for the folds), while the other is more superficial (fine lines).   You should get a good result when done properly

Combination of Fillers in One Area

+2
Yes, it is safe to combine multiple fillers in the same location.  Often I will use one filler deeper for lift and contour and another more superficial for wrinkles and definition.  Seek a physician with experience.  I am not sure why you would want both of those in the same area, so it would be best to get an experts opinion prior to injection.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

+2
This should not be an issue. Both products are composed of hyaluronic acid and are compatible. There are also two forms of Juvederm - Ultra and Ultra Plus. Ultra might also be another option to use instead of Restylane. Either way, different hyaluronic acid fillers should not interact or cause other issues as long as they are properly injected. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can Juvederm and Restylane be used in the same area?

+2
It would be fine to have Juvederm and Restylane injected into the same area a few weeks apart.  It actually would be fine to inject them at the same time.  They are both composed of the same substance (hyaluronic acid).  I'm not sure why you are having both of them used, as typically, I would just use one or the other but not both.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm with restylane

+2
Yes you can use both fillers in the same area.  They are both hyaluronic acid fillers, and can be used together safely.

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm and Restylane

+1
Yes it is safe to combine these fillers as they are both Hyaluronic Acid(HA) fillers. You should get great results from either of these fillers.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Combining Juvederm and Restylane filler injections

+1
Both Juvederm and Restylane are hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers and there should be no issues having both injected in the same area. Different HA fillers can be used for different areas of the face. Injection technique is probably a more important factor, and I would recommend you seek out an experienced and qualified provider.

Sachin S. Pawar, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
Yes, it is safe to use both fillers in the same area of the face. Because the fillers are not used for the same purposes (one is treats deeper and the other more superficial) they typically work well together. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD