Is Rhinoplasty Right for Me? Curved Nose All my Life. (photo)

I have always had a big curved nose. The curve bothers me more then the size, but if the curve is corrected could they adjust the size at the same time? I am merely curious of what a professional thinks and am unsure if surgery is something I really need.

Rhinoplasty to Straighten a Curved Nose

+1

A rhinoplasty is right for you if you want to straighten your curved nose- there is no other way to achieve this without surgery.  Rhinoplasty is just a general term, and many maneuvers within a rhinoplasty can be performed to affect the final shape- this all depends on your own desired outcome.  So a lengthy discussion (or two) with your surgeon will help determine what you want, and what can/can't be done during surgery to achieve that. Hope that helps!  -Hove Center for Facial Plastic Surgery

Paoli Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is Rhinoplasty Right for Me? Curved Nose All my Life.

+1

Yes, Rhinoplasty would be able to reduce the dorsal hump as well as fracture the nasal bones to make the nose more straight.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com/Rhinoplasty.html

+1

Septo-rhinoplasty is a very personal decision. Best to obtain a few IN PERSON consultations to discuss the options. 

Rhinoplasty for crooked, curved nose

+1

Rhinoplasty can certainly be used to treat your curved nose and also to reduce the size of your nose.

The decision to have surgery is up to you. If you have functional nasal breathing issues surgery may also help improve your nasal airflow as well.

You can check out my web reference link below to read more about crooked nose rhinoplasty.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyinseattle.com/rhinoplasty-treatments/crooked-nose

Rhinoplasty to straighten crooked nose and reduce the size

+1

A rhinoplasty would narrow and straighten the nasal bones, and a spreader graft may be required  to be placed on the concave side. There is most likely a deviated septum internally, which will need to be fixed as well to improve air flow dynamics through the nose. The overall size of those can be reduced if there is a hump, narrowing the tip and decrease in the overall projection when necessary. Please see the  link below to our rhinoplasty photo gallery.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/progallery/crooked_photos18.html

Correction of a crooked nose

+1

If you have a crooked nose it is most likely due to a deviated septum.  The key to a straight dorsum is a straight septum.  

Rhinoplasty?

+1

A rhinoplasty can straighten the nose and make it smaller at the same time.  Asymmetry is the most difficult thing to totally correct though but much improvement can be expected.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Rhinoplasty for Large Curved Nose

+1

Your nose can be straightened with rhinoplasty surgery but select an experienced surgeon because it is difficult to get a perfectly straight nose. This procedure will probably improve your nasal breathing; that can be determined after a physical examination. The size can be reduced; however, more pictures are necessary to make specific recommendations. My website has instructions re views to submit for nasal evaluation.

Appears to be good candidate for rhinoplasty.

+1

The picture is very limited but it does look as though there is a dorsal hump and some asymmetry. In general I would think this would be fairly easily fixed by a rhinoplasty but a specific opinion would require an in person evaluation.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,25-atlanta-rhinoplasty.htm