Removal of Medium Malar/submalar Implant and Replace It with Medium Submalar Implant?

Hi surgeons, I have a medium malar/submalar implant inserted 2 weeks ago. The malar part of the implants are sticking out already as the swelling slowly going away. How soon should I have the medium malar/submalar implant removed to replace it with medium submalar implant. Will my skin sag once the malar part is removed? How much damage will this cause as I understand that there are only so many times a patient could have the implant redone. I am in my late 30s. Many thanks, L

Malar/Submalar Implant Revision

+1

You can have the malar implant revised as soon as you are sure that what you are looking at is the result from the initial procedure. Since it is the wing of an implant, rather than just a size issue, early intervention would be fine. There should be no tissue sagging as a result of the implant modification.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.