Otoplasty - Ear Going Back to Original Shape Slightly? (photo)

I noticed recently upper-outter portion of my right ear is moving back to the shape it was previous. Although it is a slight change I am going to get in contact with my surgeon asap. I just wanted some other opinions. I attached pictures. Please let me know what you think

Otoplasty relapse at the upper superior part of the ear and otoplasty revision

+1

The part that is most likely to relapse is the top portion. There are ways to prevent this by working with the cartilage. When the procedure is dependent on the resilience of the sutures this can be the result. Sometimes this is unavoidable. Papers have looked into this and they have found that the superior pole is where this is most likely to occur.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty Relapse?

+1

Thanks for your photos.  Your result is very good.  I do not see much relapse at this time.  If you are early in the recovery process I would continue use of a headband to help maintain the ear position.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Otoplasty - Ear Going Back to Original Shape Slightly?

+1

Unfortunately, I can not see the issue from the photos you posted.  It is reasonable to go back to your original surgeon since he knows what he did at the first surgery and would have your original photos to compare to your current appearance.

John F. Reinisch, MD

Question about otoplasty

+1

It is really difficult to determine the etiology of your problem from  your photographs    It is possible that you need a superior helical set back suture.