With the Asymmetry of my Breasts is It Possible to Have Implants Done Inframammary Without Any Other Procedures? (photo)

I am not interested on having anything done to my nipples as I believe (and hope I'm right) when the implant is put in my left side the nipple will stretch to look like the one on my right side. The way my left nipple is now is how both of my breasts looked before the right one started to grow. I wear a 34 C to accommodate the right side but the left is entirely flat and has not grown or changed ever. Would it be possible for me to have implants and not end up with massively crooked breasts?

Areolar Reduction and Lift

+1

Reducing the size of the areola and a lift at the time of breast augmentation would be the most useful option to achieve goals.  Kenneth Hughes, MD HughesPlasticSurgery Los Angeles, CA

You can give it a try, but I wouldn't be too hopeful

+1

You could certainly choose to have breast augmentation (on both sides) and see how the shapes settle out.  I suspect you will see that the right breast will still need a bit of a lift and an areolar reduction.  But if you stage the procedures, at least you'll know you gave it every shot to work without the additional scars.

Areolar reduction and mastopexy indicated

+1

Dear Jacqueline,

I'm sorry but an implant alone will not significantly improve the size of the left areola and will definitely cause a marked asymmetry of both breasts. The left breast will be directed upwards and the right will be pointing downwards.

You will need an areola reduction as well as a mastopexy on the right to lift and align the areola with the left breast. After healing I would wait 6 or more weeks and do a bilateral breast augmentation, the size of the implant to be determined for each breast at that time. Then the  breasts will be properly aligned and the nipples pointing in the same direction.

Best of luck, Dr. Stanley Taub

Asymmetry

+1

Dear Jacqueline - you have quite a bit of asymmetry.  Honestly, I think it is unlikely that your small areola will stretch up to the size of your large one.  Personally, I would strongly recommend having an areolar reduction on the larger side - it could also help with the droop that is present.  

Correcting Naturally Asymmetrical Breasts

+1

Dear Jacqueline,

Thank you for sharing your photos.

Simply, your question can be answered with a yes.

Although you have a prominent asymmetry pre-operatively, the larger implant will be placed in the smallest breast and the smallest implant in the largest breast.

As for the aroelae, it is true that your right nipple of the small right breast will stretch when the implant is placed but not to a certain degree to match the left one so an areolar reduction may benefit you.

Please note that a 100% symmetry is almost never achieved but they key is to choose a well experienced surgeon to provide you with the best results possible making your breasts asymmetry the least prominent.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Breast asymmetry and correction

+1

You are right, it will be very difficult to match the two breasts up exactly, but certainly an improvement can be made.  Implants for both may be reasonable and a circumareola reduction for the areola onf the larger breast would help match the two areola diameters better.

Breast lift to create symmetry

+1

It is unlikely that your left nipple will enlarge to equal the opposite right side.  It is very likely that with an augmentation alone on the right side will only get larger.   A better choice would be to consider a doughnut type mastopexy on the right side to decrease the width of the areola, this would be done to improve your degree of symmetry.   

Asymmetry

+1

I think you need bilateral breast implants and I would highly recommend having a peri areolar lift at the same time on the right side. Your areola on the right is at least 50% wider in diameter and you also have some degree of ptosis all of which is correctable with this lift. A inframammary incision makes no sense. Good Luck!

Breast implant with tuberous breasts

+1

It is difficult to be certain with just pictures, but it appears that you have a variation of a so-called tuberous breast on your right side. This is where the base of your breast is narrow, and the breast tissue has herniated outwards, stretching your areola. There are different approaches for correction of a tuberous breast, and some sort of correction is needed in addition to an implant on either the left side or on both sides to get a natural appearing result. A breast augmentation without a shape correction on the right side is not likely to give a natural shape.  Please discuss this with your plastic surgeon. This is an important decision, and I wish you the best of luck.

Breast asymmetry question

+1

Your nipple will not be operated in order to get a nice result. In my opinion you need a breast lift and reduction of the areola of the right side. A breast augmentation alone on the smaller left side is fine. It sounds like you have very reasonable goals and the scars on the right breast should be very acceptable.

Good Luck!

Richmond Plastic Surgeon