Will I Need Liposuction Revision? (photo)

I had liposuction to my mid back rolls on April 4th. He removed 400cc's which I know is not a lot but it was a small area. A month later I looked great (picture 2) but now almost 3 months later I have rolls that were not there before (picture 2), and i appear to have puffed back up nearly to my original size. I have gained no weight and my lifestyle is the same as always. Will a revision help fix this? Is it just bad work by the doc? Whats revisionr recovery like? Thanks!

Do I need liposuction revision?

+1

From your photos, it looks like you have had some improvement!  Lipo to that area is tricky because if you are too aggressive, you may be left with loose skin.  Its only been a couple of months and your body will go through changes so it may be some swelling.  Are you wearing your spanx or garment? Make sure to continue your follow up appointments with your surgeon so you can address any of these concerns that arise. ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Will I Need Liposuction Revision?

+1

Reviewing your series of posted photos I can not believe you are complaining. The result looks EXCELLENT! Maybe you have unrealistic expectations. 

Swelling versus laxity

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  I wonder if your results at one month is in part a result of the residual swelling?  With additional time as the swelling went away some of the residual laxity may have re-appeared.  Liposuction removes fat but there is not an inherent tightenig of the skin accomplished.  I would give it some more time to see if changes in your skin contour continues.  At that time you and your plastic surgeon can assess the need either for additional liposuction or for a tightenig procedure such as a Bra Line Back Lift procedure.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Liposuction revision?

+1

You looked vey nice in your early post-op photos. Back rolls can be tricky and difficult to treat.  Give it a few more months, it may be swelling.

Will I Need Liposuction Revision?

+1

I would wait another 3 months as there can be quite of bit of swelling still present.  At that time, you could make a decision about revision.  The issue in your case as in all liposuction is the aggressiveness with which the liposuction is performed.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures and liposuction revision procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA