I Want to Know What is a Realistic Expectation for a Fat Graft to my Buttocks? (photo)

My dream body would be something that looked like Kim Kardashian. I want wide hips and a big bum but I was wondering what type of results I should be realistic about? I am planning on losing 40lbs before surgery and I am having a fat graft after lipo. I know that results will vary but how many inches bigger will my butt/hips be after a fat graft (after swelling and reabsorption, of course.)? I am also getting an extended tummy tuck FYI.

How big can my butt be?

+1

Given that you have a significant amount of fat to donate, you can definitely plan for a large butt post-op.  Good luck.

Brazilian buttock lift and tummy tuck

+1

Based on your photos and your plan to lose weight, I think a tummy tuck and fat transfer to the buttock will give you a very nice shape. Your buttock appears to be flat with a V/square shape. The procedure can greatly improve not only your buttock but your lower back, waist, and hips as well. I would consult with a board certified plastic surgeon as you get closer to your goal weight for a more detailed surgical plan.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

BBL

+1

You should have a great result. You have fat deposits of your lower back and midsection that will be contoured with the lipo and a buttock that will get full benefit of volume. You will need a skin recestion/tummy tuck at a later time

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck and Brazilian Buttlift

+1

I typically perform the Brazilian buttlift first by liposuctioning 5 liters from the abdomen, flanks, and back and then transferring 1200 cc to 1500 cc to each buttock.  This produces dramatic transformations. The tummy tuck can be performed later to remove the maximal amount of skin after the fat is removed by liposuction.  In addition, any slight contour irregularities can be improved with tummy tuck.  Find the surgeon with the best credentials for your needs.

Kim Kardashian, Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Reasonable expectations will more likely leave you satified with a surgical experience.

Liposuction of the abdomen, waist, back and arms is often used for grafting to the buttocks.

When properly performed these procedures will make dramatic appearance changes to the body.  Kim Kardashian started as a young attractive girl who has likely undergone several procedures.

Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making any treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Multiple procedures

+1

Looking at your photos is not a substitute for seeing you in person.  However, it looks to me like you would benefit greatly from a tummy tuck first.  Then, at a second stage, lipo your arms, back, and thighs and use this fat for a BBL.  I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with your local plastic surgeon.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

BBL, realistic expectations for my body

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. You have enough fat donor sites that you can achieve a larger and better shaped buttock. You would do best from a two staged procedure. Liposuction of your back, waist, hips and abdomen and transfer the usable fat into the buttocks for reshaping and increased projection. At the second operation, I would liposuction and contour your arms (these are often forgotten, and women end up with a nice body with big fat arms), and do an abdominoplasty. With the skin tightening from the lipo (I use the VASER), your abdominoplasty incision can be kept much shorter. You might need additional fat grafts to the buttocks during your second operation. In the long run, about 65-70% of the volume stays. See a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in these procedures. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Consider staging your surgery

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  There is often no right or wrong answer and surgical plans defer among plastic surgeons and patients.  You may want to consider staging your procedures in the following way to help you accomplish the best result possible with the lowest complication risk.  I would perform circumferential liposuction of the waist with fat grafting to the buttocks first.  This will allow maximum thinning of your waist and maximum or optimal filling of your buttocks and hips.  At a second stage I would perform a circumferential tummy tuck (all the way around).  At this time you can elect to have additional liposuction and fat grafting if desired or needed.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD