Need Feedback if I Need Full Revision or Just Lypo and Dog Ears Fixed?

I had full tummy tuck 4 months ago and am not happy with results. I feel like skin is too loose on the sides of abdomin and also I have dog ears on both sides. My surgeon says that I should wait the full 9 months and that I may still have swelling. She says she thinks I may need a bit of lypo to flatten the top bulge of my scar and will fix dog ears. I would like opinion if that will help with laxity on the sides or if I should request a full revision?

Dog ear excision and liposuction after tummy tuck - Los Angeles

+1

I would wait the term and then proceed with liposuction and dog ear revision. Should you need more, a full revision can still be performed. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Revision of TT 4months

+1

I would wait to see how things progress. I think your surgeon is taking a very appropriate course. Dont rush to have another surgery

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Tummy tuck revision

+1

Dog ears on the sides following a tummy tuck is not uncommon and every plastic surgeon has to deal with this problem.  Some cases can be addressed with lipo and others involve removing more skin and lengthening the scar a few inches.  I have had to do both and it depends on whether there is loose skin on your sides and from your letter, that seems to be the case.  The good news is that it is usually a revision that can be done under local anesthesia pretty easily.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Photos would allow a more accurate answer

+1

Thank you for your question.  I would encourage you to post some photos as these are often very helpful to provide a more accurate answer.  A full tummy tuck revision--re-doing the entire tummy tuck-- can lower the horizontal incision, improve the shape of your belly button if not idea, thin out the abdominal soft tissue, tighten the abdomen, and remove lateral dog ears if present.  The link below is a full tummy tuck revision from one of my patients that had surgery elsewhere.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD