Im Confused Now? Do I Need a Lift? (photo)

I am 5.5, athletic 122pds. I had a consult online with a Dr from Mexico, he said I needed a periareolar skinset or donut lift with textured implants. Another PS from my city said, I didn't need a lift and saline. One told me saline implants. I really didn't want a lift, and I am now more confused. Do I really need the lift? If I don't get the lift will I eventually need ones anyway? Is a skinset ok? Textured, im a little worried about. Please provide your recommendations on what you think?

Confused about breast augmentation #breastimplants

+2

Thank you for your question. You present a very difficult set of pictures. You appear to have very borderline breasts for what I would consider performing a breast lift with implants. The only way for me to know would be to perform an in person examination. Though different surgeons have different opinions what really matters is what your goals are. There could be situations in patients like yourself where a patient would be perfectly happy with implants only. Other patients would only be happy with a lift, but it really matters what you goals are. I do not see any reason why you could not find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area that could perform your surgery. You want to make sure that you have your surgery by someone who is close by and would be able to help you if you were to have complications.

Breast Augmentation First Lift Later If You Need It

+1

Thank you for your question. The best advice if you are confused about what type of breast surgery to have is that you should wait and seek another consultation with a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

From your photographs it appears that you certainly can have a simple breast augmentation and achieve nice fullness of your breasts. You do not have significant nipple ptosis and your breast shape appears normal.

Many surgeons recommend that when in doubt, you have the breast augmentation first and wait until the implants reach their final position before deciding to have a breast lift. Many feel that waiting for the breast implant to reach its final position allows your surgeon to more accurately place the nipple areola and ultimately leads to the best breast lift result.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Lift confusion

+1

I typically do not recommend a lift for patients whose nipple-areolar complex is above their breast fold.  From the photos posted, it is difficult to determine absolutely – I would not recommend this procedure for you.  If you are wanting more volume & fullness, an implant would help you achieve that goal.  As far as saline vs. silicone, that would be up to you. Most of my patients over 22 prefer silicone. Good luck!

George John Alexander, MD, FACS

Lift

+1

Your right nipple and areola look OK. The left one seems a little lower but there is no left lateral photograph. You may need a lift on the left side

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

To lift or not to lift

+1

I feel you are borderline as far as needing the lift.  What is more important to you, having perky breasts or avoiding the scars?  If you have implants in Mexico and later feel you should have had the lift, are you going to go back to Mexico.  Better to have the surgery done close to home in case you need revisions.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Do I need a lift

+1

Hello. The answer to your question depends on the look you are going for. If you want the implants to sit higher on the chest wall the a mastopexy would be needed. You could get an augmentation without a lift with the dual plain technique and get a good result. This would be good if you would like your breasts to remain in the same place and just replace lost volume.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Is breast lift needed?

+1

Judging from your pictures, I think you would be fine without a lift.  Based on how thin you are, I would recommend smooth walled silicone gel implants to avoid rippling and the possibility of feeling the edge of the implants.

Kenneth L. Stein, MD

Breast Augmentation Alone

+1

Due to the fullness you lost from fitness, augmentation alone will probably give you the result you want if you liked your breasts when they were fuller.  As a bodybuilder, I operate on quite a few bodybuilders, trainers, fitness competitors, models, etc.  Make sure the board certified plastic surgeon has ELITE credentials and performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

The right surgery for you depends on what look you are going for

+1

If you are comfortable with where your breasts are now, you do not need a lift - implants will just make them fuller.  if you want them higher on your chest, you will need a lift to accomplish this - along with a submuscular implant, with the muscle attached to support your implant over time.  I would ask your surgeon for pictures, especially of long term results - this is the best indication of the right surgeon for you.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

Do I need a breast lift? #breastlift

+1

I agree that you should try the implants first. From your pictures you would probably do well with dual plane implants, and long as you were ok being a fairly good size, meaning full C or Small D....If the implant is too small it will not be able to fill out your tissue enough...

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon