How come my nose looks so much bigger now (at 6 months postop) then it did at first after the cast/tape came off? (photo)

I had an open rhinoplasty to make my nose smaller and fix a drooping tip. At first I even thought my nose looked too big but my doctor re-assured me that it was swollen and would gradually decrease in size - but it's doing the opposite..instead of shrinking, my nose is growing! My tip has dropped so much that it looks like my original nose.

How come my nose looks so much bigger now (at 6 months postop) then it did at first after the cast/tape came off?

+1

I would visit your surgeon to discuss these concerns.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php